Among the hundreds of existing weight loss systems are many dangerous for health. But there are those who not only help you to find the cherished harmony, but also contribute to the normalization of digestion. One such useful system is the oatmeal diet. How effective is the oatmeal diet for weight loss, how to follow it and what oatmeal to choose in the article.
The essence of the oatmeal diet
Diet on oatmeal refers to mono diets. The cereal itself is incredibly useful for the body, and therefore the diet on oatmeal is considered curative. Those who adhere to the principles of proper nutrition must include this product in their diet: oats contain amino acids, minerals and vitamins, as well as dietary fiber. The use of this product helps to eliminate cholesterol, accumulated toxins and toxins from the body. Diet on oatmeal is an effective cleansing of the body and the prevention of new "clogging".
Lasts oatmeal diet can from a week to a month. The results of an oatmeal diet are minus 3-7 kilograms, depending on the period of your weight loss and on the individual characteristics of the organism. And if you connect to the restriction in the consumption of food physical activity and procedures for losing weight, you can achieve really amazing results.
The benefits of the oatmeal diet
The oatmeal diet has a number of advantages due to which it has gained such popularity among women and recognition among nutritionists:
- Diet in oatmeal does not harm the body. Exceptions are only strict fasting days, the menu of which is only oatmeal on the water. On one porridge you can do no more than 3 days of unloading, otherwise the body will receive less nutrients.
- Regular consumption of cereal normalizes blood sugar levels, improves the digestive tract and cardiovascular system, makes hair and nails stronger and skin cleaner.
- You do not have to wrestle with recipes and spend time on their implementation, the menu of the oatmeal diet is very simple and affordable.
- It is not necessary to calculate portions, - you can eat gruel in unlimited quantities.
- The length of the weight loss period can be adjusted independently, but you should not exceed the maximum allowable period and you can repeat weight loss no more than 2 times a year.
- You will not feel hungry - getting in the stomach, "viscous" oat fibers envelop it from the inside. Oats are complex carbohydrates that are digested for a long time. To saturate the body needs a small portion of porridge, it will give a feeling of satiety until the very lunch.
Disadvantages of the diet in oatmeal
The disadvantages of the oatmeal diet exist in any system with a strict menu:
- Eating the same product every day is difficult. The grass is boring pretty quickly.
- The list of prohibited foods is long, it will be especially difficult for sweet tooths and lovers of fresh pastries, but any diet is a limitation.
- Oatmeal diet for weight loss is not suitable for pregnant and lactating, as well as those who are allergic to this cereal.
Let's see what exactly and in what quantities you can eat by choosing this technique, so that you can create for yourself an exemplary menu and determine whether it suits you. The main product you will use is porridge, but it also varies. We will figure out which one is best.
What oatmeal to eat?
On the shelves you can find both pure oats and end products derived from it:
- Oats in the form of grains is considered the most useful option, as it has thicker fibers, which provide the initial feeling of satiety is best. However, its preparation will require more than half an hour.
- Traditional flakes that need to be boiled for a few minutes are produced by flattening the grain under a press. This allows you to improve the taste of the product and reduce its cooking time. In a pack of flakes, bran shells are often added. It is rich in vegetable protein, minerals and vitamin B. Bundles with flakes are labeled: Extra No. 1 from whole grains, No. 2 from sliced, No. 3 also from sliced, but they boil soft even faster.
- In addition to cereals, fast food pockets contain a lot of food additives, preservatives, and most importantly, sugar, which will not contribute to rapid weight loss. Although it is easiest to cook such pots, they are the least suitable for weight loss.
- Muesli in addition to cereals contain crushed grains of other cereals, for example, wheat and rice, as well as pieces of dried fruit. Choosing this product for your diet, pay attention to the instructions on the packaging: the composition should not contain honey, chocolate, sugar and tropical fruits. These additives, undoubtedly, improve the taste of the dish, but they are high-calorie and will not make your figure slimmer.
Allowed products in the system of weight loss in oatmeal
The oatmeal diet for a week (or, if desired, for a longer period) allows you to include the following foods in your diet:
- Fruits. Exceptions are bananas, grapes, and figs.
- Vegetables. Prefer green vegetables and exclude starchy potatoes and corn.
- Any greens and lettuce leaves.
- Dried fruits and nuts.
- Milk, kefir, yogurt, low-fat cottage cheese.
In addition, you need to drink plenty of fluids. Water and green tea are allowed, fruit juices are allowed.
If your choice is the oatmeal diet for 7 days, exclude from the diet all products that are not on the list of allowed. It is forbidden to eat sweets, fried, baked goods and pasta, smoked meats and canned food, fried and salty. It is impossible to salt, add sugar and butter to gruel.
Recommendations for making oatmeal menu
To the results of the oatmeal diet pleased, follow the following recommendations when drawing up the menu:
- Eat 4-5 times a day in small portions.
- Kashka can be eaten as soon as there is a feeling of hunger. Cook it better in water, milk is allowed. If you eat cold flakes without heat treatment, you can pour them with kefir or yogurt.
- Daily servings of fruits, vegetables and cottage cheese should be small: 150 grams of fruit, 200 vegetables, 100 cottage cheese.
- It is not recommended to drink liquids immediately after a meal, try to take a half-hour break.
- It is recommended not to eat after 6 hours, if you go to bed late, the last meal should be 4 hours before bedtime.
- To diversify the taste of the dish, you can add vanilla, cinnamon or a little honey.
The oat diet for a week has several variations, including the oat-buckwheat diet and the oat-apple diet. Their rations are more stringent and they can be observed no more than 7 days, while the above described ration can be followed up to a month.
If you lose weight on this system, leave your feedback in the comments below. Share your feelings and results.