Oatmeal is a mandatory kitchen attribute, without which no housewife will probably do. Oatmeal is endowed with a whole bunch of useful properties, so it is not surprising that it is more often recommended to include its products in the daily diet. Someone starts the morning with oatmeal, and someone actively uses it for cosmetic purposes. Our article is devoted to the cosmetic application of oatmeal. We consider its effect on the skin, oatmeal face masks and their most simple and affordable recipes that are easy to prepare yourself.
What is useful oatmeal for the face?
Oatmeal is characterized by versatility and action, which is not inferior to the effect after visiting the beauty salon. It is suitable for any skin type and solves many of its problems due to its rich content of trace elements.
The main actions of oatmeal:
- The water in its composition moisturizes the skin.
- Retinol has a regenerating effect, healing microcracks.
- Thiamine adds elasticity to the skin, and also improves the processes of regeneration and hydration.
- Vitamin C rejuvenates fading skin.
Mask of oatmeal for the face:
- Tones up.
- Cleans pores.
- Eliminates inflammatory processes.
- Gently massages and exfoliates dead skin, allowing the cells to breathe.
- It nourishes.
- Improves complexion.
As you can see, facial oatmeal masks work wonders. However, before using them, it is still worth considering the indications and contraindications to their external use.
Oatmeal facials are useful for:
- problem skin Oatmeal eliminates acne;
- greasy. It will clean the pores, the skin will lose the greasy shine;
- dry, which needs intense moisture;
- normal and even combined, requiring intensive nutrition;
- fading, lost elasticity.
In general, the mask from Hercules is surprisingly universal, however, it is also not without contraindications. So far it is only one-individual intolerance. Oatmeal contains gluten, which many people are allergic to. This disease is called celiac disease or celiac disease. Some even react to external contact with gluten, so symptoms of an allergic reaction may appear. However, this is quite a rare phenomenon and most often the mask of oatmeal for the face does not bear any harm.
What kind of oatmeal to use for face care?
Oatmeal for the face can be used in the form of flakes regular or Hercules, ground in a coffee grinder. If desired, they can be used in the "whole" form, but this is somewhat inconvenient. Oatmeal is also suitable for making masks.
Rules for applying oatmeal masks
- Before you apply the composition, you need to thoroughly wash your hands and clean your face. This can be done with tonic, lotion or ordinary laundry soap. If for a few minutes to put on the face gauze dipped in hot water or herbal decoction, suitable for your skin, it will significantly increase the penetrating power of useful substances. However, in the presence of excessive hair growth or enlarged pores from the compress is better to refuse.
- It is better for dry skin owners to apply a little nourishing cream under a layer of oatmeal mask.
- Masochka itself is applied from the center to the periphery along the massage lines. Apply it with light massaging movements.
- The skin around the eyes should be protected with a nourishing cream. The composition of it can not be imposed.
- Most formulations are washed with warm water.
Recipes for homemade oatmeal face masks
Recipes for homemade oatmeal face masks are effective and simple. Such universal ingredients that can be found in any kitchen, such as kefir, eggs, milk, honey can be included in oat face masks. These ingredients are less likely to cause allergies and suit any skin.
Oatmeal facial mask for dry and normal skin
- Mix 2 large spoons of oatmeal and 3 large spoons of sour cream or milk.
- When the flakes increase in size under the influence of milk, apply the mask for 20 minutes. It nourishes and moisturizes the face. You can also pour the flakes with hot milk and cover with a lid - in this case they will swell faster.
- For dry, normal and weathered skin, flakes make flour and gradually dilute it with milk and lemon juice until you get a smooth consistency.
- Keep on face for half an hour and wash off with warm water.
- Mix a large spoon of tomato juice with bran.
- Stir and apply for half an hour on the skin.
- Mix 2 large spoons of oatmeal with a pair of strawberries and a small spoon of heavy cream.
- The exposure time on the face for 10 minutes, then rinse.
This composition also acts as a scrub and nourishing cream that can even correct the shape of the face.
- Mix the oatmeal with yolk and a spoonful of vegetable oil (olive or any other).
- Keep 15 minutes on face and rinse afterwards.
- Grind 3 big spoons of rolled oats into flour and add to the yolk and a spoonful of heavy cream.
- The composition is 15 minutes, then washed off with cool water from the face.
Oat face masks for oily skin
- Prepare a calendula decoction in a water bath and mix it with oatmeal until smooth.
- Keep on face for 20 minutes.
- To the 2nd large spoonful of cereal, add 5-7 drops of lemon juice and egg white.
- This remedy is washed off after 15 minutes with cold water.
This option includes the same ingredients as in the previous mask (flakes, lemon juice, egg), but differs in application technique.
- Apply the first layer on your face when it dries - apply the second one for 15 minutes.
- Wash the composition with warm water, after adding a little lemon juice.
This tool tightens pores well and removes greasy shine.
- Pour a large spoonful of oatmeal with kefir. It can be replaced with yogurt, ryazhenka or sour milk, as well as sour fruit juice.
- Rinse off with cool water.
It will make the skin dull and remove its shine.
Oatmeal Acne Face Mask
- Dissolve the flakes in hot water, allow them to cool to an acceptable temperature and apply on face.
- The mask after full drying is washed off with lukewarm water. To achieve the effect you should do it once a week.
- Combine the oatmeal with a large spoon of clay (blue or white) and a spoon of lemon juice.
- Keep it until dry, then rinse with cold water.
Make a mask regularly, once a week for a month.
Oatmeal facial mask against wrinkles
- Mix liquid honey (tsp), milk (1 tbsp), lemon juice (tsp), whipped protein and oatmeal or flakes.
- Keep your face on the face for 20 minutes.
This composition whitens, tightens pores, tones and reduces wrinkles.
- In 1.5 liters of water, pour oatmeal (100 g) and cook over low heat, stirring constantly.
- When the mixture is ready, strain it - there will be a liquid that resembles milk. Spoon this milk mixed with fresh mashed potatoes and add the yogurt.
- Apply the warm composition to the skin and wash when it is completely cool.
Mask with lifting effect
- Big spoon "main raw material" pour boiling water (4 l.) and add ¼ tablespoons of salt or soda. Soda is suitable if you have pimples on your skin.
- The mask is kept on the face for 10 minutes.
Oatmeal for the face in this recipe perfectly tightens the face.
Oat masks with honey
Honey is a truly unique product that nourishes the skin perfectly, and in combination with oatmeal it also acts as a scrub. It perfectly moisturizes, nourishes and tones the face. Mask of oatmeal and honey for the face perfectly cares for the skin.
- Freshly squeezed orange juice, cereal and honey combine in equal proportions.
- The product is washed off with warm water from the face.
Mask for fading, prone to acne and wrinkles, skin
- Crushed flakes, olive oil, honey and yolk mix.
- After 15 minutes, rinse off the face with warm water.
For very dry skin
- Oatmeal steamed with hot milk, add honey, sour cream and softened butter.
- The composition remains on the face for half an hour.
In our article, we looked at facial oatmeal masks. Remember that while caring for your face you look not only younger, but also more attractive.