If the wrinkles are embarrassing, the facial contours are not satisfied or the edemas are disturbing, self-massage of the face will help. This is not a procedure for which you must have a medical degree. It is not at all difficult to massage the face from wrinkles at home, it will take only 15 minutes a day.
Rules and nuances of facial wrinkle massage
In order to do the massage correctly and get a great result, you need to memorize just a few simple rules and learn some simple massage techniques.
What effect can be expected from facial massage?
There are plenty of reasons to do facial massage from wrinkles, this is a kind of non-surgical rejuvenation and lifting. By massaging the face you can achieve excellent results, such as:
- Improving blood flow and enhancing metabolic processes in the skin and subcutaneous fat.
- Increase skin elasticity.
- Improving lymph flow, which means reducing puffiness.
- Relieving tension from the muscles of the face and bringing them into tone.
- General facial rejuvenation and oval correction.
Rules of the face massage
An anti-wrinkle facial massage as a whole is carried out like any other type of massaging, taking into account that the skin of the face is especially delicate and thin. Therefore, before proceeding to the session itself, you need to learn a number of rules and follow them.
- Before the procedure, you should clean the skin from makeup and dirt, wiping your face with a tonic.
- Hands must be washed and disinfected.
- Before the procedure, it is better to slightly steam out the face, putting a warm towel to it, as well as to stretch and relax the facial muscles, doing light gymnastics for the face.
- Massaging is done only with the use of a massage tool to avoid damage or stretching of the skin.
- When carrying out the procedure on your own, you should take into account the age - up to 20 years there is no need for massaging at all, from 20 to 25 years it is enough light superficial techniques, after 35 you can perform a more intense, promyaty massage.
- It is necessary to do massage once a day, in a course of 10-14 days. It is better to do it in the evening, a couple of hours before bedtime.
- It is necessary to perform movements strictly adhering to the massage lines, from the center to the periphery, gradually passing through all parts of the face.
Contraindications to anti-wrinkle facial massage
When performing a massage session at home, do not neglect contraindications to it.
- No need to perform the procedure, if the skin is damaged, a large number of acne and pustules.
- If there are signs of exacerbation of chronic skin diseases, such as eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, it is better to postpone the session.
- Also, with general malaise, fever, colds, massage is not indicated.
Facial massage lines
Any instruction on how to perform a massage says that you need to perform movements along massage lines, or Langer lines. Here are the main ones:
- From the center of the forehead to the temples.
- Repeating the contour of the eyebrows from the point between them.
- Around the eyes - from the inner to the outer corner of the upper eyelid and, conversely, from the outer corner of the inside in the lower eyelid.
- Up the nose.
- Around the wings of the nose from the bottom up.
- From the wings of the nose to the temples.
- From the corners of the lips to the trestles.
- From the center of the chin to the earlobes.
- Around the mouth.
- From the center of the chin along the edge of the jaw to the area under the ear.
- On the front of the neck up to the chin.
- On the sides of the neck down to the collarbone.
Anti-wrinkle facial massage techniques
Classic technique, basic techniques
The basic scheme for carrying out any massage is the same; let us consider how to do a face massage against wrinkles at home in its classic version.
- You need to start the procedure with light strokes on the massage lines, do them several times, like all subsequent exercises.
- Then move on to more intense rubbing, but without overstressing the skin.
- After the skin and muscles are heated, you can proceed to kneading techniques. These can be transverse “pinching” of muscles, especially across apparent wrinkles, rolling of muscle fibers, intense pressure without moving the skin.
- After that, clapping and tapping techniques are used, rather intense.
- Ending massaging again stroking and light vibrating and tapping movements of the fingertips. This technique is called "finger shower."
- After the procedure, you need to cleanse the face again and apply a nourishing mask or cream.
Chinese facial wrinkle massage
Asia is the birthplace of many effective cosmetic procedures. Chinese facial wrinkle massage is one of them. There is a lot of kinds, but massage by means of spoons is especially interesting.
- Its peculiarity is that small-sized metal spoons are used, silver is best.
- They are alternately lowered into warm and cold decoctions of herbs, and their convex side are massaging movements along the corresponding lines.
- There are no kneading, there are only pressing, sliding movements.
- Due to the difference in temperature, the properties of silver, as well as the pressure of various intensities, the lymphatic drainage effect is achieved, the nutrition of the tissues is improved, and micro-inflammations are eliminated.
Japanese anti-wrinkle tsogan massage
A type of lymphatic drainage facial massage is a Japanese facial massage for wrinkles, which is also called Tsogan massage. It has the effect of relieving tension from the muscles, and also improves the outflow of lymph through pressing gliding movements along the massage lines, and then along the lymphatic vessels to the regional lymph nodes. To properly perform the procedure, you need to know the main lymph nodes, to which the lymph from the facial tissues is gradually driven.
Here are the main lymph nodes:
- Deep and superficial cervical;
Massaging is carried out necessarily on an oil basis, providing good sliding. Each movement ends with a “final reception”. It consists in holding fingers with little pressure from the area just below the temple at the base of the ear, along the edge of the lower jaw, not reaching the center of the chin, then down the sides of the neck, to the area above the collarbone.
Facial massage tsogan for wrinkles implies that all movements are performed along the massage lines, but it is directed towards the parotid lymph nodes, and the final reception drives the lymph away already below, to the clavicular nodes. There are also no kneading movements, the emphasis is on uniform pressure with continuous slip. This is what contributes to lymphatic drainage, the removal of puffiness, as well as the relaxation of deep facial muscles and the reduction of wrinkles.
Whatever massage you choose, the key to its effectiveness is regularity and moderation. Do not be too zealous, because not always more is better. Once a day is enough. But to do it irregularly, from time to time also does not make sense. If you make 10 daily sessions of 10 minutes in compliance with the basic rules, the result will certainly please you.