All over the world, women resort to various diets to achieve slimness and attractiveness. The English three-week diet is very effective if you rely on the feedback from the women who have tried it. For 21 days it is possible to lose up to 10 kg of excess weight. It is believed that to adhere to it is not too difficult because of the fractional nutrition and large amounts of protein in the diet.
English diet for 21 days - the basic principles
The essence of the English diet is to alternately maintain a protein and vegetable diet every other day. This reduces the amount of carbohydrates and especially fats. But special attention is paid to vegetables and fruits. Such a food system resembles protein-carbohydrate alternation, which is used by athletes to reduce the fat layer. A detailed menu of this three-week power system is discussed below in the article.
The English diet for weight loss is designed for 21 days, during which no more than 1000 kcal can be consumed daily. During this time it is absolutely realistic to lose up to 10 - 12 kg of excess weight. Dinner should be done until seven o'clock in the evening, but on condition that you will go to bed no later than 22 hours. That is, dinner should be 3 hours before bedtime. Exit from the diet should be carried out, gradually expanding the diet and calorie.
In order not to spoil your own health while keeping your diet, you need to remember a few important things:
- During this period, you need to take daily multivitamins to compensate for their deficiency in the diet;
- It is necessary to eat a lot of fresh vegetables and fruits within the framework of permissible caloric content;
- To maintain water balance and improve digestion, drink at least 2.5 liters of water per day;
- Adhere to this diet for weight loss can be no more than 21 days and not more than 1 time per year.
Subject to all rules, the results of the English diet will be noticeable within 10 days after its start.
Protein and vegetable days
The English diet begins to lose weight with one or two fasting days - on vegetables or kefir. After - the scheme is simple, alternately alternate protein and vegetable days. It is necessary to detail your diet and independently calculate callorage of each meal and the total daily calories. Remember, it should not exceed 1000 kcal.
Products for protein days:
- Dairy and sour-milk skim products;
- Low-fat cheeses;
- Lean meat - beef, turkey, chicken;
- Chicken protein;
- Lean fish (mostly white);
- Vegetable protein, such as legumes.
Products for vegetable days:
- Fresh vegetables;
- Vegetable stews, casseroles, steamed vegetables;
- Vegetable soups.
In addition, the English diet for 3 weeks allows for a limited amount of carbohydrates in the form of cereals, whole-grain bread, as well as savory fruits (apples, pears, peaches, oranges). Intake of fat should be minimal, but sufficient for the normal functioning of the body. Recipes of dishes can be varied, as long as the basic rules are followed, which are provided by the English protein diet.
Foods undesirable with the English diet
In addition to the alternation of protein and fiber, the essence of the English diet implies a complete rejection of some products:
- Fried and fatty foods;
- Sausages, semi-finished products;
- Flour, confectionery, pasta;
- Coffee, strong black tea;
- Sugar, salt;
- Potatoes, sweet fruits (bananas, dates, figs, grapes, watermelons, melons), as well as dried fruits;
Sample menu of protein and vegetable days
Let's take a closer look at the diet of the two days of the diet.
Protein day menu
For a protein day, the English diet menu may be as follows:
- Breakfast - a glass of low-fat natural yogurt, an omelet from two egg whites and a slice of whole-grain bread with ½ tsp. honey, green tea without sugar;
- Lunch - about 150 grams. lean meat (steam, stewed, baked, boiled), boiled white beans, a slice of bread;
- Snack - a glass of milk, an apple;
- Dinner - 150 gr. white fish, a slice of low-fat cheese, a glass of kefir.
Vegetable day menu
The menu of the English diet in the vegetable day may include:
- Breakfast - fruit salad of apple, orange and peach, seasoned with half a teaspoon of honey, a glass of green tea;
- Lunch - lazy cabbage rolls with buckwheat and carrots, vegetable broth, a slice of whole-grain bread;
- Snack - unsweetened fruit, some nuts;
- Dinner - vegetable salad from cabbage, onion, cucumber, bell pepper, seasoned with olive oil and sesame seeds, a glass of tomato juice.
Contraindications to the English diet
This three-week diet has several strict contraindications:
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (gastritis, ulcers, colitis);
- Kidney disease (as the load on them increases due to the abundance of protein);
- Cardiovascular pathology;
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- Signs of beriberi.
What to cook, observing the English diet
If you have weighed all the pros and cons and decided that the English protein diet suits you, then you can choose recipes for every taste in order to create a menu for each day with them. Below are a few examples that show that diet meals can be very appetizing and tasty.
Asian-style marinated chicken
- Chicken fillet should be cut into thin, wide slices.
- For the marinade, mix soy sauce, honey, some mustard and spices to taste. Very good whole coriander.
- For 30 minutes, leave the chicken in the marinade, and then roast in a dry frying pan without oil for a minute on each side.
Baked telapia fillet
- Cut onion into thin half-rings, put it in a “cup” formed of foil, put a few slices of tomato on top, on top - fish fillets.
- Sprinkle with spices to taste, grated low-fat cheese.
- Close the edges of the foil, put in the oven 200 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Chop cabbage, send to roast in a dry frying pan or cauldron.
- Meanwhile, chop the Bulgarian pepper, cauliflower and broccoli divided into small florets.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and green beans to the soft cabbage.
- Add spices, a little water and simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes.
The recipes for delicious diet meals for this 21-day meal plan are plentiful. Reviews of the diet itself are both negative and positive. In any case, this restriction of the diet and the need for strict adherence to diet and rules. It is quite difficult. But the results of the English diet are significant weight loss and body cleansing. And so that the weight does not return after three weeks of food restriction, you need to switch to the correct balanced diet. Well, physical activity, even at home, has not been canceled!