Cryosauna is a unique healing procedure, the essence of which lies in the effect on the human body with cold. A special chamber is filled with liquid nitrogen with a temperature of up to -140 ° C; a person can be in this chamber only for a couple of minutes. During this time, the skin surface cools, but hypothermia of the whole body does not occur. Due to this exposure to low temperatures, the vessels narrow and expand. This improves blood circulation in the body. Cryosauna produces an immunostimulating effect, helps to fight cellulite, nervous stress and other diseases. During the procedure, the person does not experience negative emotions, pain or discomfort. Usually the procedure is accompanied by pleasant sensations and impressions.
Types of cryogenic chambers
Cryosaunas or cryogenic chambers are of two main types:
- Multiplace cabins. They look like small rooms that are filled with liquid nitrogen. They have a door through which a person enters the cabin.
- Cryobasins The design is similar to a barrel in which a person is in liquid nitrogen along the shoulders. His head is located above the cryosauna, so a person breathes air at room temperature. Legs and hands are dressed in warm mittens and socks, and there are cotton underwear on the body.
Mechanism of action cryosauna
Due to the short-term cooling of the human skin with the help of liquid nitrogen, the body produces a kind of shake-up. Immediately activated the protective functions of the body, the work turns on the immune system. Exposure to cold is a signal of danger to the body. Therefore, the body responds with an endorphin surge, reactions that improve blood flow are triggered. The protective mechanisms of the body provide antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects.
Benefits of the procedure
People have long been aware of the benefits of hardening and use it in healing the body. Cryosauna is also a kind of hardening, it stimulates the human body to work well and smoothly. The immune system begins to work with a new force, it begins to lead an active struggle against all sorts of diseases, such as: psoriasis, migraines, obesity, osteochondrosis, infertility, atopic dermatitis, bronchial asthma and much more.
The presence of these diseases - indications for the procedure of cryogenic exposure. Cryosauna has a tonic and healing effect on the body, namely:
- Contributes to improving the performance of the body.
- Improves metabolism.
- Performs the prevention of flu and colds.
- It helps with stress, insomnia, depression.
- Stimulates the immune system.
- Improves appetite.
Indications for the effects of cold on the body can be the following: persistent headaches, pain in the back, muscles and joints, chronic fatigue and apathy.
Contraindications to the procedure
Cryosauna has contraindications. Before carrying out the procedure, it is necessary to consult a physician, physiotherapist, to pass general urine and blood tests. If you are claustrophobic, this procedure will not work for you. Pregnant and lactating can not be in cryosauna, it can have negative consequences.
Cryosauna is contraindicated in:
- varicose veins;
- the presence of cancer;
- severe nervous disorders;
- diseases of the respiratory system;
- chronic heart disease;
- diseases of the urinary system;
- individual intolerance cold.
If you have contraindications, do not expose your body to this procedure. The effect may be the opposite of what was expected and your health condition may be exacerbated.
Important points of the procedure
- The important point of the positive effect of cryosauna is the frequency and regularity of the procedure.
- Before the cryo session you should not eat food, after the manipulation for about an hour it is also worth refraining from eating.
- If you feel discomfort during the session, immediately inform the salon or clinic employee. During cryotherapy, you must be with your eyes open. You must maintain eye contact with the staff so that in case of any unwanted body reactions, the procedure can be immediately stopped.
- After the end of the cryosauna procedure, it is useful to do physical exercises and vice versa, a good addition to exercises in the gym will be cryosauna sessions. You will notice how your skin becomes elastic, stretch marks on the skin decrease, and the tone increases.
This event should be held at least 10 times for a visible effect, but after the 3rd session you will notice certain improvements. Feedback from those who have already used this service confirms the positive dynamics from procedure to procedure. To combat more serious diseases, you need to undergo a course of 20 cryosauns. The scheme of visiting cryosauna allows conducting sessions no more than every other day. The price for one procedure can vary from 500 to 1500 rubles. The cost depends on the level of the medical center or salon, the type of cryogenic chamber and the region. Focusing on consumer reviews, you can choose the venue for this event at an affordable price for you.
Before visiting you need to buy cotton underwear, in which you will be in a cryosauna. Often, in specialized centers give out socks and gloves for customers.
Cryosauna at home
Such a procedure as a cryosauna is not possible at home. It should be carried out in a special cryogenic chamber, under the supervision of an experienced specialist, safety instructions should be followed. Such a camera can not be built with your own hands. Your condition should be completely under the control of staff.
At home, you can temper the body in traditional ways. On your own you can wipe off with cold water or snow, gradually lowering the temperature. Do not forget about regular walks in the fresh air. However, it is better to entrust such a procedure as cryosauna to professionals.
At home, you can make yourself healthy skin with the help of ice cubes. Conducting such a massage, gradually pass a piece of ice on all areas of the face. The duration of the session is not more than 5 minutes. The skin of the face will become much more elastic and healthier, you will notice a decrease in puffiness and a decrease in bags under the eyes.
After visiting cryosauna, patients usually feel a surge of strength, energy and vitality. The fact is that the short-term effects of low temperatures on the human body contributes to the development of the "hormone of happiness." This hormone instantly charges the body with energy, increases vitality. After cryosauna, you will certainly want to perform feats and new discoveries, and your body will independently eliminate health problems, thanks to increased immunity. Cryosauna is very useful for athletes who want to get in shape after loads in a matter of minutes. Also, cryotherapy sessions will help in recovery from injuries and bruises.