Modern nail art never ceases to amaze with its diversity! And this applies not only to the color design of the nail plate, but also to the technologies, techniques and methods of decorating nails. One of the "innovations" of recent years can be called a water manicure, which looks very elegant on the nails, while not delivering labor with independent execution. How to make a water manicure with your own hands, and most importantly at home - later in this article.
Any nail art, no matter how intricate the design, it does not differ, requires prior preparation. In this case, it concerns the care of hands, and in other words - the implementation of a classic manicure. The standard scheme involves the step-by-step execution of simple actions:
- Before you begin the mechanical treatment, you should prepare the skin for further action. To do this, steam our hands in a bath with warm water, sea salt and essential oils (to your taste).
- Gently move the cuticle to the base of the marigold and cut it with forceps or scissors.
- Crop and file the nails.
- Apply nourishing cream on your hands, distribute the product on the skin surface with massage movements.
- We degrease the nail plate with nail polish remover.
- We apply a basis under a varnish on marigolds.
So, having executed all specified actions, it is possible to start the further design.
Water manicure: execution technique
It will not be difficult for you to perform a water manicure at home, if you follow our recommendations. Thus, to make a manicure on the water, we need:
- water tank;
- several contrasting shades of varnish;
- cuticle oil (vaseline / fat cream, etc.);
- nail polish remover.
Manicure with the help of water involves the creation of fancy patterns on its surface, which are then carefully transferred to the surface of the nail. To do this, in a prepared container with water, you need to drop several shades of lacquer, mixing them together with a toothpick.
In this case, only on your imagination depends on how you get a manicure with water. So, moving clockwise / counterclockwise, you can create spirals of various shapes, diameters, widths of curls, etc. Moving from the center of the “color spot” to its edges, a manicure on the water will be in the form of an asterisk. Moving in the opposite direction (from the edge to the center), water nail art will resemble a floral pattern. When you decide on the design of the upcoming nail art, you can also proceed directly to applying the pattern on the nails.
Manicure with water involves the following step-by-step instructions:
- Lubricate the skin around the nail plate gently with oil (try not to fall on the nail itself).
- Tape the skin around the nail in the shape of the letter “P”.
- Immerse the nail gently in a container with a prepared pattern.
- When removing the nail from the container, be extremely careful not to smear the drawing.
- Wait until the lacquer dries and carefully remove the protective layer of adhesive tape.
- Remove excess paint with nail polish remover.
- Open the nails with glitter-fixer.
Nuances and secrets of water manicure
In order to make a manicure with water colorful, patterned and inimitable, we will open to you a few secrets of craftsmanship that will be useful to you if you decide to make this nail design to yourself.
- Pay attention to the water temperature. Too cold water will encapsulate water-based nail polish, it will curl and will not give the necessary vague patterned effect. Varnish for water manicure is best blurred in water 36-40 degrees C.
- Keep in mind that you are unlikely (namely for the first time) will be able to identically repeat the pattern on each nail. As a rule, marigolds are painted in the same color range, but in the form of different patterns. This will be the main feature of the nail art, performed in the same way.
- To make the water manicure bright and colorful, you should first cover your nails with a base color varnish. Choose shades that blend harmoniously, enhancing the color of each other.
- When forming a drawing, clean the toothpick from the varnish beforehand or take a new one each time - this will allow you to create neat drawings.
- For water nail art, select a narrow but deep container. Firstly, it will help minimize the consumption of varnish (it will not be too scattered over the surface of the water). Secondly, the sufficient depth of the container will allow you to completely dip the nail in the lacquer, without fear of smearing or touching the tip of the nail on the bottom of the dish.
- Owners of short nails, water manicure is not always possible, because with an unpretentious pattern (the minimum number of waves, peaks, curls), the picture will look unfinished. Water manicure is not always possible on long nails, as it is rather difficult to completely coat a large surface with varnish, without distorting the original pattern. But on long nails, design remains very popular, when water nail art is applied only to the tip of the nail, allowing you to create intricate patterns and spectacular designs. Thus, the best option is the nails of medium length.
- Especially impressive water nail art looks with varnishes, chimmers, glitter or glitter. The combination of a holographic pattern with a matte or contrasting base allows you to create truly unique patterns.
- Water gel polish does not always work at home due to the consistency of the varnish. Too thick varnish is not spreading enough on the water surface or is “smeared” when removing the nail from the container. That is why we recommend you to entrust the water manicure with gel polish to professionals in beauty salons.