If you have a desire to experiment with your manicure, but you do not know how, we recommend that you read the article, which describes step by step how to make a manicure with a sponge. Step-by-step instructions and useful tips will provide you with a wonderful result.
The time has come to conduct experiments, because with ordinary nail art these days you will not surprise anyone. All salons offer exclusive drawings, piercing for nails and much, much more. But you can also achieve the perfect result yourself.
To make a nail art with a sponge, you will need a regular sponge with which you can make such color transitions that you simply cannot do with a brush. You can now begin to learn and apply this unique technology of applying varnish on your nails. And our article will help you in this seemingly laborious work, in which everything is described step by step, what and how to do to achieve a unique result.
Manicure with a sponge at home
To make a gradient manicure with a sponge, it is not necessary to turn to professionals for this. To get started, turn on your imagination. Think about the design of nail in what colors you would like to get.
- If you are a fan of hot parties, then you are ideally suited motley colors with the most bold and unusual shades.
- Gold and silver recommend lovers of glamorous parties.
- For the winter season - play of turquoise, blue and blue hues.
You can use several different varnishes. Gradient can do both in horizontal and vertical direction. The colors of varnishes can smoothly or diagonally “flow” from one to another. Gradient manicure with a sponge can be done on all five nails - this is considered a creative option. Each nail will have its shade, while the extreme ones will open and complete the color rainbow. This technique can be used not only for long nails. Manicure with a sponge for short nails also looks very beautiful.
In order to independently perform this technique, you need simple items:
- Foil or some other material that does not absorb lacquer.
- Lucky different colors.
Scheme of how to apply a sponge manicure step by step
- The very first, so-called preparatory stage - remove the cuticle and adjust the shape of the nails.
- The application of the base, which is necessary in order to keep the manicure in its original form as long as possible, as well as to lacquer beautifully lay down on the nails.
- On the prepared surface we distribute varnishes in the sequence we need. You will need a sponge for applying varnish. Dip it in the lacquer and gently soak it in the nail plate.
- Next, you need to cover the nails with a fixing compound that will help smooth out the irregularities after applying the varnish with a sponge and give your nails a glossy shine.
- Give the nails to dry or dry them in any quick way.
- And the final touch - remove residual lacquer from the skin around the nails with a cotton swab.
Tips for making a perfect manicure with a sponge
Before you do a manicure with a sponge with your own hands, be sure to consider a few subtleties of applying lacquer and correction of the coating:
- The saturation of the future of your nail art depends on the color of the base. If you use pale shades, then you need to put them in several layers.
- Darker shades should be distributed at the base of the marigold. So they will look visually longer. Outwardly, this option is more attractive.
- When you do a manicure with a sponge, apply the coating on the nails with light clapping movements. This is necessary to make the gradient more vivid.
- For intense nail design with bright saturated colors you need to distribute the varnish on the nail plate in several approaches.
- You apply the fixing structure at once, without waiting until the covering dries up to the end. This is the only way to achieve a smooth glossy surface and smoothness. And all because when you do a manicure with a sponge, it makes prints while covering the nails, and therefore they look a bit porous.
- On the foil, the color palette needs to be updated as often as possible.
- Before you use professional "drying", dip your hands in cold water - this will significantly speed up the process.
Types of manicure with a sponge
New Year's Gradient
The first of the more common variants of such a manicure is the “New Year's Gradient”. Before you perform a winter holiday manicure with a sponge for short nails, prepare varnishes in advance of the following shades: blue, blue, white. You may also need various stickers, rhinestones, mother of pearl and stars.
- Treat the nails, correct their shape, and begin to apply the coating.
- For the base, you can take white or light blue color. Apply these two strips to the foil.
- Dip a wet sponge varnish and apply it on the nail plate so that the base has a dark shade.
- On the tips of the nails, which are painted white, you can make a decor with the help of mother-of-pearl, sparkles, or various other design accessories.
- Manicure cover fixer and let it dry.
Rainbow manicure is the complete opposite of the previous nail art.
- In advance it is necessary to prepare varnishes of various shades, from gently peach to scarlet.
- Absolutely any bright colors are appropriate here.
- In the "rainbow order" you need to apply varnishes on the foil.
- Dip a wet sponge in them, and then gently distribute it on the nails.
- The result obtained must be fixed with a fixer.
Now you have unique knowledge and skills, guided by which you can easily make yourself a manicure using a sponge, that is, gradient nail art or it is also called "Ombre". In this technique there is only one drawback: in order to varnish each nail, you need to frequently update the color palette, which takes a lot of time. But, as you can see for yourself in the future, the result is worth it!