Appearing in the 70s? The first tips created a real sensation in the nail industry. Today nail extension on tips is very popular, although it is inferior in some aspects to a similar procedure using forms. We will tell you how to choose this material for creating artificial marigolds and give nail tips with tips.
How to choose tips for building
The work of any beginner nail-master begins with the choice of material. It is believed that nail extension on tips is easier, and therefore many experienced masters recommend beginners to start with this technology. Before you buy nail tips for nails, pay attention to the following criteria, which they must meet:
- To the result of your labors looked the most natural and not rough, the substrate must be thin.
- Quality material should be soft, but should not break. You can check the elasticity of the material like this: squeeze the tips with your fingers, if white stripes appear on it, then it is of poor quality. Such material will be fragile and heavy in a sock. Today on sale you can find the substrate of ABS plastic, nylon and polyflex. The first are impact resistant and meet all the requirements for tips. The latter are also no less durable, but their gluing will take longer, and the polyflex is distinguished by high adhesion to the gel.
- It is also important how safe is the material from which the substrate is made. It is unlikely that you will be able to learn this, and therefore simply choose manufacturers who have worked well with experienced craftsmen. Such manufacturers can be found in different price categories.
- Substrates should repeat the shape of the nails, do not forget about this when choosing the material, since women have nails of different shapes.
- Do not forget about the design, as the substrate is not all the same externally - they are transparent, with a white tip or colored. Transparent are universal, if you have not decided on a specific design, it is better to choose them. For French manicure, you can immediately purchase tips with a white tip.
- You can also find in the sale of the small size of the substrate, they are designed for design, if you are just starting to comprehend this skill, you until they are needed.
For beginners, more experienced craftsmen recommend choosing universal transparent or natural substrates with undercut in stress zone from ABS material. The most popular among nail masters are Irisk (the price of a set of 400 pieces is about 500 rubles) and RuNail (the cost of a set of 500 pieces is about 300 rubles).
Nail extension lessons on tips
Before you master the step by step nail extension on tips, it should be noted that it can be done with both acrylic and gel. There is also a build up on liquid tips, This technology is something between augmentation on the upper forms and substrates.
Materials for building
In addition to the substrate you will need:
- Glue. It can be liquid or in the form of a gel. The first is cheaper and instantly seizes. The second is found in more expensive manufacturers for its freezing will take about a minute. Its advantage is that it perfectly fills all the cavities between the substrate and the nail, and therefore it is recommended to use it on the uneven surface of natural marigolds. The cost of liquid glue is about 50 rubles, and glue-gel is about 150 rubles.
- Tip cutter A tool for trimming tips that looks like pliers. Its estimated cost is about 150 rubles.
- Brushes for acrylic and gel.
- Brush to shake off dust after sawdust.
- Primer: acid to work with acrylic and essential for gel building. The price is about 250 rubles.
- Gel or acrylic, depending on your preference.
- Ultraviolet lamp.
- Means for removing stickiness. The cost of 80 rubles, you can replace the nail polish remover.
- Different abrasive saws.
In addition, you will need an antiseptic to handle your tools and hands, as well as such trifles as orange sticks and cuticle oil.
Features of working with tips
Before you talk about nails on tips for beginners, it is necessary to note a couple of subtleties of working with the substrate:
- All substrates have three parts: free edge, contact area and line "foot"between them.
- In the set, usually all the substrates are numbered from 1 to 10 - these are their sizes. Number 1 is the widest substrate, number 10 is the narrowest. The number is usually indicated on the tip, which is cut at length correction. If necessary, you can erase the number with nail polish remover.
- Before gluing tips, natural nails need to be cut "under zero".
- The substrate should be placed on the nail no more than 2/3 of the part. The width and length is adjusted with a cutter and saw.
- Before work, select the substrate for each nail and lay them in front of you.
Regardless of whether you will be building up the gel on tips or acrylic, preliminary preparation of the nails and cuticle will be the same, it is also important to treat your client’s hands with an antiseptic.
Also the stage of gluing and processing of tips is carried out in the same way:
- After selecting the desired size, apply glue to the contact area, then attach the substrate to the nail from its edge to the middle and hold for 15 seconds.
- When the substrate is securely fixed to the nails, you can give them the desired length and shape of the free edge with the help of a file and tip cutter.
- Sawing need to process the entire surface of the tips, to ensure their subsequent coupling with the selected material.
Gel nail extension on tips
Subsequent nail extension with gel on tips is carried out according to the following scheme:
- Shake off the dust after sawing with a brush and wipe the nail with a degreaser.
- Apply ethereal primer to the natural nail. It is not necessary to apply a primer to the substrate.
- Holding a finger at an angle of 45 degrees, brush the gel, backing away from the cuticle half a millimeter. The gel on the tips has the ability to quickly spread, brush "drag" it in the desired area of the nail: start from the free edge, moving to the side rollers and at the end to the area near the cuticle.
- Turn finger over with fingernail. The gel will begin to drain and a convex, but flat surface will form. Brush correct gel in the right places.
- Send a hand under the lamp for 3 minutes.
- Wipe the sticky layer with a special tool or liquid that removes the lacquer.
- After that, take a file and adjust the length and shape of the free edge.
- Nail off the side of the nail and the joint of the gel with a natural plate.
- Remove the dust formed after sawing with a brush.
- Apply a thin layer of finish-gel and dry it under the lamp for 2 minutes.
After that, you can wash your hands and oil the cuticle. Gel nail extension on tips can be considered complete!
Nail acrylic on tips
Before you start building nails with acrylic on tips, prepare liquid and acrylic powder by placing open jars in front of you. It will also be useful to put on a respiratory mask for yourself and the client, since acrylic has a strong odor.
After that, gluing the tips and sawing their free edge, gradually repeat the following steps:
- Apply an acid primer on the natural nail, avoiding getting the product on the skin.
- Wait about 3 minutes for the primer to dry.
- Dip the brush in liquid, let the excess funds flow back into the jar.
- Dip the brush in powder, a small acrylic ball will be formed on its tip.
- The ball is placed on the nail and smoothing movements form a layer.
- Usually 3 nails are enough for nail modeling, but their number depends on the length of the result.
- Having formed a plate, dip the brush in liquid and walk across the surface again, making the clapping movements. Acrylic dries quickly, it does not require a UV lamp.
- After complete drying of the material, you can start to work with a nail file: pay special attention to the side rollers and the joint of acrylic and natural nail.
- Shake off the dust from the nails with a brush, once again go through the polishing machine to give the plates perfect smoothness.
- Nail extension with acrylic on tips is completed by applying oil to the cuticle.
As you can see, nail extension tips at home is not such a complicated procedure, but in order to master it perfectly, you will have to practice more than once before you get the perfect result.