If you choose shampoos for dry hair, you need to select products that will gently clean the damaged strands. Dry hair is usually brittle, has split ends and a dull appearance. To make them look alive and healthy, when choosing cleansers, pay attention to the content of surfactants, the smaller them in the composition, the better. But the content of oils, moisturizing components should be as much as possible in this tool.
Why do curls become dry?
There are several reasons for such problems as dry hair:
- Individual feature of the body. Dry hair can be a hereditary trait. If you have this problem since birth, then most likely you have come across dry dandruff, a feeling of tight scalp, split ends.
- The use of hair dyes at home. Paints sold in cosmetics stores are so convenient to apply to oneself in stages, but such paints do not work on curls in the best way, destroying their structure and drying them out. Therefore, with frequent use, your strands may become dry, despite all the manufacturer's promises in advertising and paint instructions.
- Use hair dryer, irons and ploek for styling. With frequent use of these assistants in laying, the lipid layer is destroyed, which in turn leads to dryness of the hair.
- Exposure to sunlight and cold. Both high and low temperatures have a detrimental effect on the health of the hair. In the cold, the hair proteins crystallize, and then all the moisture leaves the room. If you wear a hat in winter, you will not only not catch a cold, but also protect your strands from the aggressive effects of cold. As for sun exposure, its rays destroy the hair pigments and dehydrate them.
Regardless of what caused the dryness of your strands, you need to choose the right shampoo for dry hair, which will help you solve this problem yourself. If the shampoo does not suit you, you can only aggravate the condition of your hair, making it even more dull and tough.
What should be in the shampoo
Shampoos for dry damaged hair should contain the following components:
- Oils. The content of natural oils in cleansing agents will significantly improve the look of the hair. It can be argan, almond, coconut, avocado and shea butter, cocoa butter. They will cover the hair with a thin protective film and actively nourish it.
- Silicones. They will keep moisture inside, making the curls resilient and elastic.
- Humidifiers This is, first of all, panthenol, which has an antistatic effect, nourishes the hair and creates a protective film on its surface. Glycine of soy in the composition of cleansing agents moisturizes and softens the strands, has a tonic effect on the scalp.
- Herbal extracts. An extract of aloe, calamus, avocado, grapefruit, burdock and chamomile are actively used in shampoos for dehydrated strands.
- Lecithin and lanolin. These synthetic substances “glue” scales and split ends. Lanolin restores the hair structure from the inside, and lecithin activates the sebaceous glands of the scalp.
Which shampoo to choose
To find a good shampoo for dry hair, you may have to try several options until you find the perfect option for yourself. But properly selected cleaning products will help you do it yourself to eliminate the problem of dehydration of hair. Here is a selection of the most effective tools, according to consumer reviews on the Internet:
- Moltobene with damask rose extract. This healing shampoo for dry hair gives the strands elasticity and lasting rose scent. Betaine in its composition makes the hair volume. The price of a bubble is about 1,500 rubles, but reviews indicate cost effectiveness.
- KeraSys Salon Care - cleanser with extracts of moringa and sunflower seeds. Contains natural keratin, which is able to restore the structure of the hair. The price for a bubble is about 500 rubles.
- Shampoo for brittle dry hair Intensive restoration Repair Therapy Dove. It has a soft creamy texture and makes the strands soft and docile, significantly reduces the loss. Very good foaming, economical. Provides easy combing even without the use of air conditioning. The price is about 200 rubles.
- Almonds and flax seeds from Korres. This product is almost 85% composed of natural ingredients that, after the first use, make the curls silky and docile. This shampoo is suitable for dyed dry hair. The price is about 700 rubles.
- Solid Ma Provence bio shampoo containing red clay. Makes strands elastic and struggling with loss. This shampoo for dry ends of hair perfectly is suitable. The average price is 350 rubles.
It is recommended to use shampoos in combination with balms and masks of the same series, using step-by-step application schemes. This will achieve maximum results in a short time.