Healthy and beautiful hair - the most expensive decoration of any woman. And not everyone can boast a thick head of hair. After all, even the owners of beautiful hair can have many problems that can cause a lot of trouble.
A common problem in women is oily scalp. Oily scalp can actually cause a lot of problems, because of the fact that there is excess fat - hair becomes dirty much faster, besides, the appearance becomes less attractive. In the fight against excess sebum, women often use special shampoos that take the hair out of one problem, smoothly transferring it to another - dryness and brittleness. Such methods should not be used, because there are many other ways to deal with excess fat on the skin of the head.
Causes of oily skin
The production of sebum is not just a normal process, but also necessary to protect the skin from negative external factors. But, if the work of the sebaceous glands increases, much more fat is produced than necessary, which is why the scalp becomes oily. From this it follows that the main problem of oily scalp is the hyperactivity of the sebaceous glands. The reasons for the rapid work of the sebaceous glands are many.
• Disease of the digestive tract, • Hormonal disruptions in the body (pregnancy, menopause, period of active puberty), • Changes in the nervous system of the body.
In addition to the main causes of oily scalp, there is another problem that is the same for all the symptoms - this seborrheic dermatitis. With seborrheic dermatitis, sebum not only increases in the excreted volumes, but also changes in composition. Seborrheic dermatitis is dangerous because in this disease sebum is supersaturated with free fatty acids, which leads to an extremely active proliferation of bacteria, and, even worse, sebaceous glands can become blocked. If this problem is not started to fight, the consequences can be disappointing, eels will start to appear and hair will start to fall out later.
Causes of oily scalp that depend on you
1. Improper nutrition (eating fatty, sweet, flour, as well as non-natural products leads to the formation of sebum);
2. Washing the head with hot water (hot water provokes salivation even after you wash your hair, so the hair quickly becomes greasy);
3. glut hair and excessive care (If you use moisturizing and nourishing masks, as well as home remedies, your hair can get overwhelmed and become greasy after a couple of hours after washing). Do not forget that factors such as ecology, climate and even bad habits. Before you start to fight with oily skin, you need to identify the cause, perhaps the reason was what was the usual daily thing.
How to care for oily scalp?
• It is necessary to care for oily scalp correctly, selecting only special cosmetics. Do not use 2in1 tools, for example, shampoo + conditioner. In addition, in detergent cosmetics should not be present in the composition of silicone and lanolin.
• Wash your hair only when it is dirty and preferably with special shampoo for oily hair. When washing, apply it only to the roots, if you apply it to the tips, then you can face another problem - brittle and dry tips.
• Do not use balms and masks. However, if the hair itself is dry, then it is better not to exclude them. In this case, properly use such tools: apply them only on the tips and in small quantities, but in no case on the scalp.
• Try your best throughout the day. rarely comb hair, do not touch them with your hands. When combing, we distribute sebum through the hair, if you have a normal hair type, then this procedure will even be useful, as sebum protects our hair, but when overactively working the sebaceous glands, this will cause the hair to get dirty very quickly.
• How can wash the comb more often, since after combing it remains sebum, and if it is not washed off, then the next combing you only transfer it to your hair.
• After shampooing hair, head is recommended. rinse with a decoction of herbs, which to some extent slows down the work of the sebaceous glands. It is better to use rinses from chamomile, calendula, lemon juice, oak bark, nettle.
• Do not blow dry your hair, This method of drying provokes intensive work of the sebaceous glands, it is best if the hair will dry in a natural way, but if you cannot eliminate the hair dryer, then you should dry your head with cool air.
• Rinse your hair after washing. cool water, thanks to this, the pores will narrow and the risk of rapid contamination of the hair will decrease.
Masks for oily scalp
Home masks can significantly reduce the sebum secretion, if it is excreted in excess, for oily scalp the following components are suitable:- clay (green clay is best to use, but blue and white clay will also do). Clay absorbs sebum and regulates the sebaceous glands;
- egg yolks, help fight excess sebum;
- essential oils, suitable for oily scalp: essential oil of bergamot, grapefruit, lemon, tea tree, patchouli, eucalyptus, lavender);
- sea salt (peeling of the scalp with salt helps the hair to stay clean longer);- mustard, The owners of oily scalp are somehow lucky, since the popular mustard mask for hair growth suits them perfectly. Mustard has a drying effect that will have a beneficial effect on the skin.
Mask with clay for oily scalp
For such a mask, you will need clay and water, instead of water you can use herbal decoctions, then the effect will double. Mix the clay with warm water until a homogeneous slurry and rub into the scalp. Apply only on the root part, the length of the hair should be applied cosmetic oil, as the clay can dry hair. Keep the mask for half an hour, then wash off with water with a small amount of shampoo. Also, the hair can be rinsed with a decoction of herbs or lemon water.
Mask with oils for oily skin
- grape seed oil (oil base) - essential oils for oily hair (optional)
We take grape seed oil as a basis, since it is very light and helps regulate the functioning of the sebaceous glands. Add to the base oil one or more essential oils, in proportion to 1 tbsp. base is not more than 2 drops of essential oil. Then massage with massage movements into the scalp and leave for 20 minutes.
1 yolk mixed with 1 tsp. cognac and 1 tsp water, carefully mixed and applied to the scalp, this mask will not only reduce the oily skin of the scalp, but also stop the loss, strengthen the hair roots.
Rinsing hair and scalp
For oily scalp rinsing will be very helpful.
- with lemon juice. For this 2 tbsp. lemon juice diluted with a liter of water and rinse hair after washing. If desired, you can simply moisten the scalp after washing with a cotton swab with this solution.- with herbs decoctions. For oily scalp decoction of oak bark, calendula, chamomile, burdock, and St. John's wort is suitable. In order to prepare a decoction of herbs you need 2-3 tablespoons. herbs pour 0.5 liters. boiling water and boil for 15 minutes. Then cool and rinse with this broth hair after washing, or just rub into the scalp. The decoction can be made from several types of herbs.
Selecting the right care and following these recommendations, you can forget about such a problem as oily scalp and give your hair fresh and clean.