What haircuts are suitable
It is impossible to change the shape of a face without resorting to surgical methods. But you can correct it by choosing the right hairstyle. To do this, you need to know a few nuances of choosing a haircut for your face type.
The hairstyle should also match the age and status of the person. Thus, middle-aged and older men should prefer more solid and conservative haircuts, while young people can opt for long bangs.
How to determine whether the elongated face shape
The following signs are characteristic of such a type: long nose; broad forehead; narrow sunken cheekbones; slightly elongated rounded chin. The ratio of the length and width of the face with a factor of more than 1.5 indicates the holder of an elongated shape. The width of the forehead, cheekbones and chin will be approximately the same.
Ways to adjust the shape of an oblong face with a haircut:
- the mustache will split the face with a horizontal line, this will visually shorten it;
- to model the necessary form will help and beard;
- hair, it is desirable to choose a multilayer;
- Prefer trapeziform haircuts, while the temples should have enough hair;
- Curls and waves that add volume and width to the face will look good.
What to avoid when choosing hairstyles
- refuse long hair, they only emphasize the length of the face;
- very short haircuts are also not worth choosing;
- Do not shave your temples much and open your ears;
- side parting and high haircut also lengthen the face;
- it is undesirable to open the forehead.
Also, when choosing a hairstyle for an elongated male face, you should remember about the cut eyes, neck length, shape of ears. Take into account the structure and hair.