It's no secret that dry hair gives their owners a lot of trouble. Due to the lack of lipids, they are severely depleted and require special care — salon procedures and home care. In this case, a set of measures to restore them should be aimed at deep moisturizing, nourishing and strengthening the scalp and the hair itself. Masks for dry hair at home will help to cope with your problem and task. And each girl is free to choose:
- whether to use professional products from well-known and proven hair restoration specialists;
- use masks prepared according to traditional folk recipes;
- combine these methods.
You must immediately point out that not every remedy with the prefix "nourishing" or "restoring" will be equally useful for your hair. Depending on the current problems, you may need a mask for dry ends of the hair (as a rule, while the roots are prone to fat) or just a supporting moisturizing mask for dry hair. Each tool will work individually, and in the case of professional care, and more intensively. That is why, if you are not sure what kind of care you need, a homemade mask for dry hair is where you should start the recovery course. How to prepare the healing composition with your own hands, step-by-step instructions and methods of applying funds - further in detail in our article.
Hair masks based on natural oils and components
Home masks for dry hair in view of the ease of preparation and application are particularly popular with girls. First of all, such beauty recipes have been tested for years, as evidenced by the numerous testimonials of the “first researchers”. Secondly, the masks for dry damaged hair from natural ingredients perfectly penetrate the structure of the skin and hair, nourishing it from the inside. Thirdly, even if you do not guess with the dosage of certain ingredients, it will not harm your hair.
Masks with organic oils
So, self-prepared fatty masks for dry hair, as a rule, are based on organic oils. Olive, burdock, argan, almond, shea butter (carite) and avocado are considered the most valuable for the hair. These oils will be used as the basis.
Next, we will act as follows:
- In order for the remedy to bring maximum benefit, it is recommended to warm it slightly to facilitate the penetration of necessary substances into the skin.
- Next, massaging the scalp, you should distribute the mixture on the scalp and strands.
- Cover the hair with plastic wrap and wrap a warm towel to saturate it with nutrients.
- Leave the mixture alone for at least two hours, then rinse off with a mild shampoo.
- Rinse the hair with chamomile decoction with lemon essential oil.
To enhance the effect of the mask against dry hair, it is recommended to enrich the mixture with additional nutrients and vitamins:
- red pepper, cinnamon or brandy - to stimulate the growth of hair;
- honey - to nourish hair follicles;
- aloe juice - to restore and protect the strands;
- Henna - for nutrition and strengthen hair.
Masks with dairy products
Mask for dry brittle hair with kefir or sour cream is a great option to feed the "tired" curls. The milk proteins that make up these masks help restore their structure, stimulate their renewal and radiance.
- Kefir or sour cream should be heated to body temperature.
- After that, gently and slowly rub into the scalp, gradually distributing the remnants of the mixture on the strands.
- It is recommended that self-massage of the head be done to itself in order to stimulate blood flow and deeper saturation of tissues with nutrients.
Nourishing mask with beer
Nourishing mask for dry hair, thanks to beer yeast and vitamin B contained in beer, intensively nourishes the hair, thereby stimulating growth, reduces the number of split ends. Prepare the nutritional mixture:
- 200 ml of beer mixed with a teaspoon of olive oil.
- In a water bath, heat the composition to body temperature.
- Moisten the scalp and locks with the mixture for half an hour.
- Wash off with warm running water.
Egg Recovery Mask
The mask for dry split ends, thanks to egg proteins, and proteins contained in them, perfectly moisturizes, nourishes, and also protects the hair and restores its shine, gives silky elasticity.
- To prepare the healing composition, you need to mix: chicken egg, 5 ml of apple cider vinegar, 20 g of glycerin, 10 ml of castor (or other) oil.
- Heat the mixture to a comfortable temperature and apply to the strands.
- Wrap with polyethylene, well, then, with a warm towel and leave alone for an hour, then rinse.
Hair mask with antioxidant effect
Heavily damaged hair will help at home to restore the mask for very dry hair with blueberries and yogurt (sour cream).
- To prepare the healing mixture, 200 grams of blueberries, grind blender.
- In the resulting slurry, add 50 grams of fat cream or yogurt.
- Carefully distribute the composition in curls, leave under the "plastic bath" for half an hour.
Such a gruel, due to the antioxidant and tonic properties of blueberries, acts not only as a mask for dry hair, but also as a protective agent that prevents the negative effects of the environment.
It is worth noting that the effect of any restorative procedure will be minimized, if in everyday life you do not follow a few rules that will help maintain the beauty and health of the hair:
- When exposed to ultraviolet light, do not neglect the use of headgear and hair protection sprays containing UV filters. For supporters of organic cosmetics argan, safflower, palm oil, which are powerful natural antioxidants, will come to the rescue. Such tools will create a protective film of ha strands and saturate them with nutrients.
- At night, it is recommended to apply nutrient serums with fatty acids, ceramides, proteins, and oils on the hair.
- During laying, use thermal protectors, a hairdryer or an iron with a thermostat to be able to monitor the laying temperature.
- Do not use curling irons or irons for laying wet strands.
- Select shampoo, conditioner and hair balm according to their type.