Olive oil has been used in cosmetology and medicine for a long time. The effectiveness of its use, no one doubts. The following properties of this natural medicine are known:
- helps to preserve youth and beauty of the skin;
- when used internally, removes toxins and slags from the body;
- normalizes metabolic processes;
- soothes the increased activity of the sebaceous glands.
In cosmetology, this tool is used as a component of creams for the skin of the face and body, as well as a component of hair products. Among the folk cosmetics is to provide hair masks from olive oil. These are wonderful recipes to increase the beauty and strength of the hair even knew the women of ancient Egypt. It can be assumed that it was thanks to him that the ancient beauties had thick and shiny curls.
What is the use of olive oil for hair?
Olives are rich in nutrients, vitamins, minerals and fatty acids.
The most beneficial substances for your hair that are part of olive oil:
- phenols and phenolic acids;
- vitamin A;
- vitamin E;
- vitamin D;
All these components help to restore the hair structure in cases when it is damaged, as well as to give healthy curls a natural radiance and elasticity. Because of this, hair masks with olive oil are recommended after dyeing hair, perm, as well as with brittle hair and a tendency to exfoliate.
Olive oil based hair masks help with a tendency to dandruff. The great advantage of olive oil over other oils is that it moisturizes, but does not make the skin oily. Based on this property, this tool will be useful for owners of any type of hair.
Olive oil strengthens hair roots well and reduces the level of sebum.
Olive Oil Based Hair Mask Recipes
There is a wide variety of olive mask recipes for your hair that use other plant ingredients to achieve the greatest efficiency. Regardless of the option chosen mask, for its preparation is to choose only fresh and quality products. When choosing olive oil, preference should be given to those made by cold pressing.
Olive mask for dry and normal curls
This hair mask with olive oil is prepared using honey.
- The ratio of components is 3: 1.
- Before combining the ingredients, the oil should be slightly warmed so that the honey is well dissolved.
- This mass is applied to the root zone, without waiting for cooling. Distribute the rest of the mixture evenly over the hair. Apply this tool better on wet, but unwashed strands.
- After the procedure, which lasts for at least half an hour, you need to wash your hair with shampoo, as well as balsam-rinse. The recommended frequency of use of this tool is one application per week. With regular use, the mask will give the curls elasticity, softness, shine and obedience.
For very dry and brittle hair, as well as in cases when dry dandruff is formed on the head, a tablespoon of high-quality mayonnaise and raw egg yolk can be included in the product.
Mask for lifeless and weak hair
- For cooking means, two parts of olive oil is mixed with three parts of mashed potatoes made from avocado.
- Components should be thoroughly mixed and distributed throughout the array of hair, paying special attention to the root part. The time of the procedure is from half an hour to an hour, the frequency of application is up to two times a week.
- This olive mask as well as the previous one is better to apply on wet unwashed curls. Wash off the composition with warm water and shampoo. Ideally, a rinse aid is additionally used.
Olive mask for split ends
- In addition to three tablespoons of butter, it consists of one chicken yolk eggs and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- All ingredients are mixed and brought to low heat to a warm temperature.
- Apply the composition solely on the ends of the strands, where delamination occurs.
- After half an hour, the product must be washed with water at room temperature. The use of shampoo in this case is optional. To obtain a visible result, the minimum frequency of use of the mask is twice a week.
Mask with olive and essential oils for dry hair
This hair mask from olive oil is designed to moisturize and nourish the hair, so for its preparation it is recommended to choose essential oils that are useful for the hair. Well strengthen their chamomile, wheat, and jojoba oil.
- The composition should include olive oil and any, but only one, essential. The components are mixed in equal parts. The volume of the finished mixture is about a quarter cup.
- Before applying, the tool must be heated.
- Then apply the entire length of the hair, paying maximum attention to the tips and roots.
- The mixture remains on the strands for about an hour, then washed off using shampoo and rinse. You can use an olive mask of this recipe up to two times a week.
Hair mask with olive oil and henna
This recipe is intended for very weak hair, including exposed chemical influences, as well as experienced the negative effects of sunlight and sea water. The indication for use can be called hair loss, itchy scalp and abundant dandruff.
- Dilute half a pack of colorless henna in a small amount of hot water or cow's milk and mix thoroughly.
- Then add a couple of large spoons of olive oil to the resulting liquid.
- Mass applied to the scalp, then treat the rest of the mixture the rest of the hair.
- To leave structure for 40 minutes and then to wash away warm water with shampoo. It is recommended to use this olive mask twice a week.
Olive hair loss mask
- For the preparation of this mixture, olive oil is mixed with freshly squeezed lemon juice in equal proportions.
- Maintain the composition on the hair should be as long as possible, so the mixture is better to apply at bedtime so that it works all night.
- To increase efficiency and in order to preserve the purity of bed linen, it is recommended to wrap a head with a terry towel.
- This solution is washed off with regular shampoo.
Olive mask to stimulate hair growth
- Half a cup of olive oil mixed thoroughly with two chicken yolks eggs
- The composition is applied to the roots and strands and leave at least a quarter of an hour.
- Top head must be covered with a plastic bag or towel. Wash off the mixture with cool water and shampoo.
The nuances of working with olive oil
- For easy removal of the mask, curls should not be wetted before applying the shampoo.
- Oil can not be heated more than 40 degrees
- The shelf life of the oil should not exceed one year.
Mask for the tips of the hair
- The only component of the product is directly olive oil.
- They are filled to the middle of the usual glass, where the ends of the strands are immersed.
- Then take out. The time of the procedure is not limited. If the situation allows, you can walk with oily hair tips all day, periodically updating the composition.