Hair bleaching is one of the most popular procedures in the beauty world. This is not surprising, because it allows you to make unwanted hair on the face and body less noticeable, to prepare curls on your head for a new shade, or simply to get the coveted platinum hair. What secrets does this process hold? How to discolor hair yourself? What means for this is better to buy? How does the hair restoration after bleaching? Read all about this further in the article.
There are several ways to discolor your hair. You can do this with peroxide, special colors to highlight the strands, it is even possible to create a tool for bleaching hair at home. We will consider all these methods further, you can choose the most convenient for you.
Means for bleaching facial and body hair
- To bleach the hair with peroxide, you need to mix 30% peroxide with water in a 1: 1 ratio, add half a teaspoon of soda and 2 ampoules of ammonia. Follow the instructions carefully, because overpowering one or another substance will adversely affect the result. Ideally, the hair after bleaching will not only become light, but will also become thinner, weakened, and almost completely disappear over time;
- Among the products that can be bought in stores, Byly cream for hair bleaching has a good reputation. Customer reviews claim that it is truly effective and does not cause skin irritation. Price - around 600 rubles.
- Not bad also speak about powder for bleaching hair from Estel. Its cost is about 50 rubles for a small bag.
- And, of course, the most popular means for this procedure are various paints for bleaching hair. Positive reviews are addressed to the funds from Sally Hansen (price is about 500 rubles), Garnier (its cost is about 100 rubles);
- To make a hair bleaching agent at home, you need to mix 2 small spoons of clay with two teaspoons of 20% peroxide and add 5-6 drops of ammonia to them.
Means for bleaching hair on the head
- Peroxide hair bleaching is one of the most popular ways to give a blond hair color. The ratio of components will differ from the similar mixture for lightening hairs on the body. It will be necessary for each 1 ml of a 30% hydrogen peroxide solution to add a drop of 3% ammonia. In case of violation of this scheme, the hair can suffer greatly;
- Paints and creams for bleaching hair on the head are also in great demand. But it is worth noting that they are good for giving the curls a blond color. If you want to prepare them for a different shade, then the paint will not suit you at all. There are many good companies that produce high-quality hair bleaching paints. If you rely on customer reviews, then such products include Wella, L’oreal and others. The average price is about 200-300 rubles;
- To make a hair bleaching product at home, you will need to mix 1 large spoonful of bleaching powder, add a half table spoon of peroxide and 2-4 drops of ammonia.
Now that you have familiarized yourself with all the necessary tools, we offer you the step-by-step instructions for the immediate clarification process. How to deal with powders and creams does not make sense to describe, since this process is very similar to the ordinary color of the hair. Even if you do not have this experience, step-by-step procedures are always attached to all cosmetic products. But peroxide hair bleaching deserves special attention, because is a more complex kind of clarification and not so familiar to most girls.
Peroxide hair bleaching - step by step instructions
Peroxide is a very strong substance and can cause an allergic reaction. Therefore, regardless of whether you decide to do bleaching on your head or body, the first step is to check how sensitive your skin is. To do this, apply a couple of drops of a previously prepared solution on the skin behind the auricle, wash off after 8-10 minutes and see if the selected area reddened. If redness and pain are absent, then you can safely use this tool.
Peroxide hair bleaching on the head
- Cover your shoulders and arms with a bag, towel, or something else to avoid causing severe peroxide irritation. With the same purpose, lubricate the forehead near the growth line with some fat cream (for example, petroleum jelly or baby cream);
- Prepare the mixture described above immediately before performing the process, when all preliminary preparation is completed. This is necessary because the solution retains its properties for a short time;
- Comb the hair and divide into zones. This should be done with the help of partings, which should go as follows: arcuate - from ear to ear through the crown; horizontal - through the head; vertical - from the center of the forehead to the center of the neck;
- To achieve uniform coloring, it is necessary to paint the strands quickly. Too long a delay in one area is a frequent cause of non-uniform clarification. This is especially evident when bleaching dark hair;
- With a cotton swab or a flat brush, start applying the solution to the back of the back of the head. If this is your first experience in such a procedure, then retreat 2-3 cm from the roots. This - radical zone will need to be painted in 10 minutes after the whole process. If you carry out a similar procedure is not the first time, then you need to act the opposite - first paint the regrown roots, and only then go to the rest of the length;
- Next, paint the temporal-parietal part. First, apply the solution to the strand on the crown in the place where the two partings intersect. Next, separate the strand with a parallel parting and dye in the same way. Proceed so further to the border of the temporal-parietal scalp;
- Last of all, paint at the temples and on the neck so that it does not turn out lighter than the rest of the strands;
- Comb the hair, throwing curls on top;
- If this is your first session, then it's time to return to the radical part;
- After 20-30 minutes, wash your hair with shampoo, avoiding contact with eyes;
- After bleaching, neutralize the hair with a solution of vinegar (1 large spoonful of a 9% solution of vinegar in 1 liter of water).
Peroxide body and face hair discoloration
The skin of the desired part of the body, preferably a couple of days before the procedure, do not wash, because natural fat layer protects from possible burns and pain.
- Apply the solution in an even layer on the skin and leave for 40-60 minutes. With a slight tingling and burning sensation - do not panic, this is normal. If the pain intensifies, then flush the mixture from the body;
- At the end of time, wash the skin with warm running water;
- Lubricate the treated area with a moisturizer or lotion.
Hair restoration after bleaching
When bleaching body hair, their subsequent thinning, brittleness and weakness - this is manna from heaven. But if you performed a similar procedure with curls on your head, then this session will be followed by a recovery phase, since peroxide strongly destroys the hair structure.
- Of folk remedies kefir masks are well suited - they perfectly soothe irritated scalp.
- Also familiar would be well-known masks from vegetable and essential oils. Use them 3-4 times a week.
- From purchased products you need to choose special conditioners, shampoos and masks, where there is a mark "to restore hair after bleaching." They are softer and more benign.
- The first time after the procedure, do not wash your head too often - natural fat moisturizes the hair and prevents the strengthening of fragility.
- And, of course, forget about ironing, curling, foaming, etc. for a couple of months - your curls went through a lot of stress without it.
As you can see, hair bleaching at home is not so difficult. The procedure does not require any professional skills and special certificates. By carefully following the instructions, you can easily make it to yourself. Be beautiful, good luck!