Dark highlights - This is a hair coloring technique, which consists in the fact that individual strands are dyed several shades darker than the main hair color in order to create an impression of depth and volume. Dyeing a lot of narrow strands in the lower layer of hair in a dark color, you change the monotony of the color, keeping the natural look. And if you dye strands thicker, you get a more daring hairstyle. Home set for highlighting - a cheap and time-saving alternative to a visit to the hairdresser.
You will need a set for highlighting, which includes:dye for volvolgolpochatki brush for applying paint.
Dark highlighting in stages
1. Wash your hair a day or two before highlighting in order to wash off all chemical residues. After that, do not use any styling products.
2. Before you begin to dye, brush the skin along the hairline with petroleum jelly so that no paint stains remain on it.
3. Mix the hair dye as described in the paint instructions.
4. Comb the bottom layer of hair along the neck with a width of 0.5 cm.
5. Remove the rest of the hair so as not to get in the way, stabbing them up or to the side with clips or hair clips
6. From the separated lower part of the hair, select a strand 0.5 cm wide.
7. Put a strip of foil under the selected strand of hair so that one end of the foil is located at the roots of the hair, and the other at the very end.
8. Brush completely covered with a strand of hair paint, moving from the roots to the tips.
9. Fold the strip of foil in half so that the hair strand is inside the foil. Then one or two times, depending on the length of your hair, fold the foil in half.
10. Repeat steps 6-9 for those straps that you are going to highlight in the bottom row of hair.
11. Separate the next row of hair with a width of 0.5 cm, the rest of the hair stabbed again, and continue to highlight the hair and in this series using the same technique. In the next row, try not to dye your hair next to the dyed hair in the previous row, so that you get a natural result. Better do in staggered order.
12. Continue highlighting the hair row by row, rising from the neck up.
13. The dye should be on the hair for the time period specified in the manufacturer’s instructions.
14. As soon as time runs out, carefully remove the foil from the hair.
15. Wash hair thoroughly so that no traces of dye remain on it.
16. Make deep hair conditioning (conditioner often comes with a highlight set) to protect and moisturize the hair, as well as fix the dye.Video reservation
- In order for highlighting to have a natural effect, do not choose a dye that differs from the natural or current color of your hair by more than 3 shades.
- If you do not strive for naturalness, on the contrary, your goal is a bold and defiant look, dye your hair with thicker strands.
- If you bleed your hair for the first time, paint a moderate amount of strands. You can always paint additional strands, but not earlier than in a week or two, so as not to damage the hair. And for this you will need a new set, as the finished paint remains active only for a limited period of time, after which unused paint should be discarded immediately.
- When you make highlights, put on old clothes and cover the floor around you with towels so that there are no stains on the floor and clothes.
- Always do a test stain of the strand, as indicated in the instructions, to avoid the possibility of an allergic reaction. In addition, it is a great opportunity to check how the final hair color will turn out.