A shining snow-white smile is what every girl without exception dreams of. It is impossible not to draw attention to the Hollywood smiles of star beauties from gloss covers. But such a whiteness of teeth is unnatural for human enamel. Therefore, to achieve home methods of this effect is impossible. But to make a smile by 2-3 tones brighter on your own at home is quite realistic, for this there are many ways, including tooth whitening with a mouthpiece. About this method and its security further in the article.
The essence of lightening enamel with caps
Caps for home teeth whitening are special devices, most often made of silicone, which follow the shape of your jaw. Inside the tray there is a special clarifying gel, the active substance of which is hydrogen peroxide. In addition to peroxide, this gel contains components that soften the effects on enamel, for example, fluorine and potassium nitrate. Tooth whitening caps are filled with gel or can be filled immediately before use. They need to wear a certain time, each manufacturer indicates it in the instructions. Whitening teeth with a mouth guard is good in that it prevents the rapid lightening composition from quickly flushing with saliva.
Varieties of cap for a radiant smile and where to buy them
Capsules for teeth whitening can be purchased at a pharmacy, ordered from an online store or manufactured according to an individual impression of the patient's jaw. More about these types:
- Standard. Such caps can be purchased at the pharmacy or ordered online. They can go in a set with a tube of gel or already be filled with a brightening compound. The cost of this option is the most affordable, from 1500 to 3000 rubles. You can purchase one of these products: Plus White 5 Minute, Aquafresh White Trays, DenTek Complete White, Crestal Teeth Whitening Kit.
- Thermoplastic. When heated, they become soft and can take the form of any jaw. Therefore, they will be more comfortable to wear than the standard, as confirmed by customer reviews. But the price of such goods will be more expensive, from 3,000 to 6,500 rubles. One option is the Bleach Bright system, which includes an individual cap. Bite it and you will create a shape that suits you. Another product of this category is Yotuel for a whiter smile.
- Customized. They can be made on an individual impression of the jaw. They are not only more effective, as they fit snugly against the enamel, but are also safer, since they prevent the lightening agent from entering the gum. In wearing this type is the most convenient, the price of an individual order is from 5,000 rubles.
How to make the process of lightening enamel safe
If you are whitening with a mouth guard, follow the following safety precautions:
- do not keep the lightening compound on the teeth longer than the time specified in the instructions;
- Pay attention to the composition of the gel, namely the concentration of hydrogen peroxide, the higher it is, the stronger the effect on the enamel;
- Before using the method, consult a dentist and carry out professional teeth cleaning;
- before lightening the enamel, thoroughly clean it from brush residue;
- after removing the device for lightening teeth, do not eat earlier than 2 hours;
- when putting on a cap, remove excess gel from the gums;
- try not to swallow the brightening compound during the bleaching process;
- in order that the gel does not come into contact with the gums, you can slightly trim the bead with scissors to the desired size.
How to use standard caps
The most available type of cap is standard. To lighten the enamel itself, familiarize yourself with the step-by-step scheme of using this device. And then stage the procedure yourself:
- Remove the kapu from the packaging.
- Put on it a little lightening gel, and then place it in the center of the dentition.
- Lightly press it to lock on the jaw.
- Follow the recommendations in the instructions, do not exceed the specified time of the procedure.
- After the time, remove the mouth guard, rinse your mouth with water.
- If there is a special paste in the set, brush your teeth with it.
The procedure for using thermoplastic caps is similar, but first they need to be given an individual shape by dropping them in warm water and putting them on the jaw.