What are you ready to go to have so desired smooth, smooth and young skin? The choice of procedures in the beauty market today is huge. In order to show off the perfect face, cosmetologists suggest exposing the skin to thermal pressure, correcting it with lasers, prick with needles, and even substitute it under a surgical knife. And now another recipe for beauty is known - to treat the skin with acid. TCA peeling is a new word in the beauty industry. Does it work and hide what disadvantages? Let's try to find out.
What is TCA peeling?
TCA peeling is one of the varieties of chemical peeling, carried out with trichloroacetic acid. It has a bactericidal, anti-inflammatory and cauterizing effect on the skin. This acid affects the upper and middle layers of the epidermis, as if “burning out” the keratinized or damaged layers of the dermis, leaving a fresh, smooth and elastic surface in their place.
Types of TCA peels
TCA chemical peels are divided into two main types, differing in the concentration of trichloroacetic acid and the level of its impact on the skin:
- Surface. The concentration of acid in this type of procedure does not exceed 15%. It affects only the upper layers of the epidermis, affecting the skin shallowly. The disadvantage of superficial peeling is that it eliminates only minor problems. However, the positive aspects include the fact that painful sensations and the risk of skin trauma are reduced.
- The middle one. For this type of TCA peeling, a solution of 20-35% acid is used. In this case, there is an impact on the deeper - middle layers of the dermis. This allows you to solve more complex skin problems, restoring it on a deep level. But pain during the procedure, as well as the recovery period after peeling TSA is unlikely to bring positive emotions.
TCA peeling procedure
To get a more complete picture of what TCA chemical peels are, you need to look behind the scenes, that is, to get an idea of the order in which order and under what conditions this procedure takes place.
First of all, it should be noted that the TCA facial peeling is possible only in specialized beauty salons with the help of certified workers. It is absolutely not recommended to carry out this peeling on your own at home due to the high risk of serious injury. Working with acid is a process that requires great concentration and professionalism. And even among the masters it is not always possible to avoid burns, let's talk about this further, discussing the shortcomings of this service. Therefore, it is impossible to make the TCA-peeling face itself for any, supposedly step-by-step schemes.
Now directly to the phased procedure.
- Before the procedure, the skin is treated with lotion to remove fat and excess makeup.
- The first layer of trichloroacetic acid solution is applied on the skin with a uniform movement with a brush. At this time, either a fan is working, or a fan is given to the client, since painful burning is a frequent companion during the procedure, and a cool stream of fresh air can alleviate the unpleasant sensations. The TCA peeling process can be limited to just one application of acid. It depends on the type of peeling, superficial or median, as well as the thickness of the epidermis. The number of repetitions is usually 1-4 times.
- After about 2 minutes of treatment, white spots appear on the face, the number of which may increase over the course of a couple of days. It is their occurrence that is an indicator of the depth of penetration of trichloroacetic acid.
- After the appearance of these white spots, it is necessary to wash the chemical from the face. Usually this is done simply with water, but in some salons special cosmetological neutralizing preparations are used.
- In order to somehow calm the skin, a moisturizing nourishing mask is applied on the face.
Recovery period after TCA peeling
Do not think that having left the beauty salon, you have completed the TCA peeling process. No, the most important stage is still to come. Skin care days after TCA peeling are one of the keys to the success of the procedure as a whole. But it should be immediately noted that you cannot call him light. Having decided on such a service, prepare for the inconvenience in social life, which will bring a post-peeling period.
So, skin care instructions after exfoliating TCA:
- Do not allow the skin to contact with water for two days. Even have to drink through the tube.
- Regularly apply moisturizing and soothing cream. Usually they contain fruit acids, but it all depends on your skin type.
- It is necessary to avoid direct contact of the treated skin with the sun. That is why the procedure is recommended not in the summer. Ideally, of course, not to go out at all in the first two days. But most often it is impossible, therefore it is necessary to apply powerful sunblock to the skin of the face.
- On the second or fourth day, the skin will look like a film (even speaking can be difficult), and then it will be covered with a brown crust. In no case can this crust be torn off. Otherwise, you will not only reduce the results of the TCA peeling, but also ensure the appearance of scars. Yes, to go out with a face in such a state is not the greatest pleasure, but beauty sometimes requires sacrifice.
Indications and contraindications for TCA peeling
Well, now you need to decide whether to go to such a procedure or not. For this, first of all, it is necessary to decide who generally needs to think about TCA peeling. So, you should use it if you have:
- acne scars;
- oily skin;
- fine wrinkles around the eyes, lips, cheeks, forehead;
- sun and old freckles;
- dilated pores;
- stretch marks on the skin;
- dull skin color;
- pigment spots.
TCA peeling is not suitable for you with:
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- allergic conditions;
- exacerbation of chronic diseases;
- violation of the integrity of the skin;
- skin hypersensitivity;
- recent (2 months ago) transference of traumatic procedures (deep cleaning, laser correction, etc.);
- the presence of keloid scars.
Advantages and disadvantages of TCA peeling
Having understood what you need, and chemical peeling of TCA is not contraindicated, you need to know better than this procedure is good and what pitfalls it hides. What are the advantages for achieving beauty TCA peeling? Effect of TCA lifting:
- skin becomes more toned, elastic and smooth;
- The flaws on the epidermis disappear or become less: pigment spots, acne, freckles, scars, redness, etc. This is easy to see by looking at the photos before and after the procedure.
- Disappears hyperkeratosis.
- The skin gets a smoother and lighter color.
- Prices for the procedure are flexible, and the lowest cost is quite acceptable. It is possible to buy the TSA peeling service for 5,000 rubles. But prices can also reach over 30,000 rubles.
Now you should pay attention to the shortcomings that can make you change your mind to perform this procedure.
- There is a fairly wide list of contraindications;
- Even using the services of beauty salon masters, there is a chance of injury: after all, the work goes with a strong chemical substance. If you perederzhat acid solution on the face, you can deeply hurt the skin, which will cause burns and scars on the face.
- Soreness of the process. With a superficial TCA peeling, the possibility of avoiding painful sensations still exists, although this is not a fact. But when choosing the middle variety of this procedure, you need to prepare for a very unpleasant burning sensation.
- The period after the TCA peeling is very difficult. Not only does he require tremendous attention and care, he also makes his appearance very unattractive for several days.
- There may be complications after the procedure in the form of desquamation, redness, edema, allergies, infections, etc.
So, having read the pros and cons, having learned the essence and procedure of the procedure, having seen the photo, you can conclude whether you need a TCA peeling. This service of cosmetologists is very controversial, customer reviews are also different. So, you just have to collect information and make choices yourself. You are beautiful, good luck!