Sugar method of hair removal or shugaring was known at the time of Queen Nefertiti, who rumored to have invented a mixture for hair removal. In this mixture were herbs, wax and honey, and it gave impetus to the appearance of shugaring and waxing. Today there are a lot of methods for hair removal and shugaring is one of them. Many people probably know the word shugar (translated from English. Sugar), it means that it is clear to you that shugaring implies epilation with sugar. The sugar paste has a slight resemblance to wax and a viscous, sticky feeling of warmth when applied. Not an expensive procedure in its essence conquered many girls, but the excellent result and ease of the session completely conquered the distrustful ladies. The result of shugaring for 2-3 weeks will leave your legs in perfect smoothness.
The processes of preparation and use of sugar paste
To shugaring at home, you first need to prepare sugar paste for depilation. So, you need 1 kg of sugar, 8 tbsp. spoons of water and 7 tbsp. spoons of lemon juice. No need to cook pasta every time, this amount is enough for 3-4 months of use.
- In a saucepan, mix all the ingredients and put on high heat for a few minutes.
- You must constantly stir the mixture so that the sugar is not burnt.
- After a few minutes, reduce the heat, cover the saucepan with the lid and allow the composition to sweat for 10 minutes.
- During this time, the sugar will become liquid with a uniform consistency.
- Mixed again leave for 10 minutes.
- Under the lid in the saucepan, the sugar will begin to boil, so stir again and leave to cover for another 10 minutes.
- As a result of our efforts, we will get dark caramel.
- Move the paste into a plastic dish and let cool.
Holding a shugaring session at home
Before you carry out the depilation with sugar paste, remember that the hairs do not grow in, you must remove them for their growth, and not against.
- The cooled slice of caramel paste is rolled into a ball and kneaded, giving it plasticity.
- We put caramel on the necessary zone, we make the movement on growth of hair.
- We wait until the caramel hardens and remove it with a sharp movement.
- The remains of the sugar substance is washed with water.
- Having finished the procedure, we apply a soothing lotion on the epilated areas.
Benefits of sugar hair removal
- Shugaring is less painful, unlike wax. After several shugaring procedures at home, it becomes addictive and the pain becomes less and less noticeable.
- Availability and low cost. Shugaring can be learned from the comfort of home watching only a couple of videos from masters on this topic.
- The recipe is simple and clear, the paste is stored for a long time.
- The sugar mixture does not cause allergies, since it does not contain any more additives.
- The effect of sugar depilation lasts more than 20 days.
- This procedure can be considered a peeling, as when epilating sugar clears the skin and removes a layer of dead cells.
- Shugaring also has a bactericidal property.
If you have resorted to the procedure of hair removal with a sugar mixture for the first time, then the length of hairs should be 6-8 mm. And when epilating a bikini zone, their length should reach 2 mm so that the process is less painful.
Contraindications to shugaring
As such, there are no contraindications for this procedure, because the components used do not contain chemistry. The only limiting point may be the presence of allergies to bee products and diabetes, as well as the inability to endure pain. Well, after the procedure can not visit the sauna, swimming pool or bath for several days.
Epilation sugar deep bikini zone at home
On average, the shugaring of the intimate zone takes 20-40 minutes.
- The first step is to degrease and apply talc to the intimate area to be epilated.
- Then you need to apply the paste against the growth of hair, and remove the hair in the direction of their growth, a sharp movement.
- Leftover paste must be washed off.
- Proepilirovannuyu zone need to lubricate a soothing lotion.