Everyone wants to have a snow-white, healthy smile, but not everyone knows what to do. Some are limited to buying paste from advertising and expensive brushes. However, this is often not enough. In order for your teeth to be healthy, breath is fresh, and problems with the gums never overtake you, simple but proper oral hygiene should become a daily ritual for you. What should be oral care, what means for this exist today and the rules for brushing your teeth that you need to know each, you will find in the article.
Basics of oral hygiene
Even in ancient times, doctors insisted that a person is healthy while his teeth are healthy. If you properly care for your teeth, pay proper attention to the gums and carefully select the means for the oral cavity, you will be able to preserve her health, prevent everyone from visiting the disliked dentist and save a considerable amount of money on dental treatment. Oral hygiene should be carried out regularly and correctly. It should consist of:
- Brush and paste your teeth.
- Oral care after every meal.
- Interdental cleansing.
Next, we will gradually and in more detail consider what oral care products are needed for each stage and tell you the correct tooth brushing scheme, which, alas, not everyone knows.
Oral Care Regulations
The following rules should be known to any girl and apply them in practice. If you have not done them all before, it is never too late to introduce them into your life. You will be surprised how easy it is for your teeth and gums to provide proper care, which will quickly become your habit:
- Rule number 1: teeth should be cleaned 2 times a day, before going to bed in the evening and after sleeping in the morning.
- Rule number 2: do not forget about routine checkups at the dentist every six months. If you follow this rule, you will be able to prevent gum disease and teeth in the early stages of development.
- Rule number 3: the selection of tools for cleaning the teeth is a serious matter. Do not buy the first available paste, and the brush should be changed at least once in 3 months.
- Rule number 4: the care of the oral cavity does not end with brushing your teeth: do not forget about the tongue, cheeks and gums.
- Rule number 5: after each meal, you must remove the remnants of food. Ideally, you should brush your teeth with toothpaste and a brush, but in practice this is most often impracticable. Therefore, you can use the available alternative: mouthwashes do this task on "Hooray", removing food particles and refreshing your breath. And at work or school, chewing gum comes to the rescue.
- Rule number 6: to clean the gaps between the teeth, use dental floss floss.
- Rule number 7: fluoride substances in the paste begin to "work" after 3 minutes after hitting the tooth. You need to brush your teeth no less than this time, because you want to not only clean, but also strengthen the enamel.
Step-by-step instructions for daily cleaning of the oral cavity
Teeth need to be cleaned properly, then oral care will be of high quality. By removing all plaque, you will protect your teeth from caries, and your gums from gingivitis, periodontitis and other diseases. Step by step scheme of cleaning the oral cavity is as follows:
- The procedure begins with the traditional tooth brushing and toothpaste. Position the brush so that the bristles cover the outer surface of the teeth. Brush from the gums to the edge of the teeth with sweeping motions.
- The inner surface of the teeth must be cleaned with exactly the same sweeping movements along the same lines.
- Then place the brush so that the bristles cover the chewing surface. Reciprocating movements will help clean the chewing surface.
- Repeat this for the upper and lower jaws. Do not press the brush too hard.
- Close the jaw and gently massage the gums with a brush.
- Clean your tongue: you can use a special tongue scraper or a brush if you have a special cleaning surface on it. Perform a couple of movements from the root to the tip of the tongue.
- We clean the inner surface of the cheeks: repeat the procedure similar to cleaning the tongue now for the inner surface of the cheeks. Rinse your mouth with clean water.
- Go to the thread-floss. Take about 30 cm of dental floss and wind its ends on the index fingers of the hands, leaving a gap of 10 centimeters between them. Firmly pulling the thread between your fingers, put it in the tooth gap, and then press it to the surface of one of the teeth and make up and down movements. To clean the next gap, use a clean thread. When using floss do not hurt the gums. It is forbidden to use dental floss with periodontitis.
- The final stage is a rinse. No need to type a mouthful of liquid for rinsing, enough volume of about 2 teaspoons. Rinse your mouth thoroughly for a minute.
Oral hygiene does not take you more than 10 minutes in the morning and evening. Do everything right and your teeth and gums will be healthy. Now let's learn more about oral hygiene products.
Choosing means to care for the oral cavity
Important in high-quality care are oral hygiene products. We will help you make the right choice by telling you what to look for when buying.
Forget all the commercials you saw on TV. Choosing toothpaste does not necessarily buy the most expensive of the store. Domestic it will be the manufacturer or foreign, also does not play a major role. The compositions of pastes are often identical. What you need to pay attention to is the fluorine content. Funds with fluoride are only suitable for the prevention of caries, but if this attack has already befell you, fluoride-containing pastes will only worsen the condition of the teeth. Pay attention to the purpose of the tool. For daily use, you need a treatment-or-prophylactic or complex paste, but be careful with bleaching agents. When choosing a whitening paste, it is better to consult a dentist.
Choose a brush
Toothbrushes, above all, are divided into electric and conventional for manual cleaning. The first cope better with the task, but they are more expensive. It is recommended to change the nozzles as often as a regular brush, so the question of choice quite often rests on finances. An electric brush can easily clean the most distant teeth and you do not have to make any effort: just move the brush from tooth to tooth. When choosing an electric brush, pay attention to the nozzle itself. It may just be cleansing or bleaching. The type of power is also important: brushes on batteries are cheaper, and with a battery it is more convenient.
The usual manual brush happens 3 degrees of rigidity: soft, average and rigid. Soft bristles gently affect the teeth and gums, but it doesn’t clean well, and the hard bristles are too aggressive. Dentists are advised to choose the middle middle of the bristles of medium hardness.
Choosing threads floss
All dental floss is thin, twisted fibers. The choice of this means of oral care is quite large. More expensive threads are made of silk fibers, and cheap options are made of synthetic fiber. Threads floss are lubricated, non-lubricated, fluorinated, flat, round, embossed, flavored. Dentists recommend choosing a flat lubricated thread - it is more convenient to use and reduces the risk of injury to the gums. Waxed threads are suitable for beginners, they are more durable, and therefore ideal for the first attempts. If you want to provide your teeth with additional protection against caries, use fluoridated floss threads.
Choose a rinse
The rinse has a wide spectrum of action: removes plaque, kills bacteria, refreshes breath, heals wounds, serves as prevention of caries. Different types of rinsing agents are intended for different purposes: therapeutic and prophylactic. The main goal of prophylactic rinses is the freshness of your breath. But the treatment can be used to combat inflammation, bleeding gums, tooth sensitivity. Initially, you need to decide on the task that the rinse aid will have to perform. For daily use, suitable preventive agents.
In conclusion, I would like to note the importance of regular visits to the dentist. For example, if you have such a problem as bleeding gums, rinsing herbs with a decoction and using special pastes will not solve the problem completely, but if you turn to a specialist, professional cleaning of Air Flow teeth in half an hour will fix the situation. Follow your oral cavity and stay healthy!