Today there are a huge number of different proposals, how to whiten your teeth. But which way to choose for you? Considering that teeth whitening is a rather serious procedure, many try to choose home and at the same time safe methods of enamel brightening. There are, of course, special sets for teeth lightening, which can be bought in any beauty salon, but for starters, you can try using the means at hand. Pay attention to the lemon.
Besides the fact that lemon is an excellent source of vitamin C, it is also an excellent tooth whitening agent. Of course, for those who appreciate folk recipes, there are other methods and means of changing the color of tooth enamel. For example: rubbing teeth with wood ash, rinsing mouth with hydrogen peroxide and table soda. But, teeth whitening with lemon is the safest remedy, even if we consider the accidental ingress of this substance into the digestive tract. Therefore, there are practically no contraindications for its use. The only exception is citrus allergy.
The essence of the method of teeth whitening lemon
The procedure of brightening tooth enamel with lemon consists of the usual physical impact on its upper layer, with the aim of changing the hue. Do not forget to consult your dentist in advance so that they can determine the texture of your teeth and give detailed instructions and a scheme for how to whiten your teeth with your own hands.
There are cases when, for example, after increasing chipped teeth, or after prolonged use of braces, the procedure of lightening teeth with lemon can lead not only to the destruction of enamel, but even to the heterogeneity of its color.
How to whiten your teeth lemon-step by step
- At the time of the bleaching is very important to refuse products containing coloring pigments - red wine, pomegranates, beets, strong tea, which can adversely affect the enamel, coloring or changing shade.
- The easiest way to whiten is to use lemon peel. It is necessary to rub the teeth and gums of the white (inner) side of a lemon crust for several days, with a thorough rinsing of the mouth with plain water.
- An equally affordable way is to simply chew on a lemon crust for some time in order to lighten the enamel in a hard-to-reach place. With a high sensitivity of teeth to citric acid, this method may be painful for you and therefore it is better not to use them.
- Teeth whitening with lemon juice instead of peel also gives a positive effect. A few drops can be added directly to the tooth powder or paste before each cleaning. Such a tool can not only whiten your teeth, but can also cure bleeding gums. It is recommended to rinse your mouth with lemon juice diluted with water at a ratio of 4: 1 for a few minutes.
- If you have free time, then in addition to bleaching, you can use yourself prepared lightening paste. This will require the usual paste, activated charcoal, which in a pounded form will act as a juice and lemon juice. After mixing, you can use this composition no more than 3 times a week. Here the main thing is not to overdo it and prevent damage to the gums and enamel.
Do not despair too much when trying to lighten the enamel with the help of a lemon does not bring tangible results. Each person's enamel has its own unique color, which is definitely different from white. By the way, healthy teeth should be slightly yellowish. Daily care for them, cleaning in the mornings and evenings will allow them to remain healthy until old age, and enamel, as a result, will acquire a uniform and light shade.
Lemon oil and its beneficial properties
Among the variety of recipes and tips that promise a white-toothed smile, lemon oil has earned great confidence. This need to talk more. Lemon whitening oil is a greenish oily liquid with a slightly bitter smell of fresh fruit. This extract has a truly a number of useful, unique properties and has found its application in cosmetology, medicine, perfumery, cooking. In addition to the listed properties, this substance is also capable of actively bleaching enamel.
We present to you several time-tested ways in which lemon oil is the main component in enamel brightening:
- Method 1. The use of oil in its pure form. To do this, moisten a cotton swab in the oil and gently rub its teeth over the entire surface. It is necessary to stand for some time so that the oil can act effectively, and then rinse the mouth properly and clean the teeth.
- Method 2. Teeth whitening with lemon essential oil diluted with water. A few drops of lemon oil drip into a glass of water. Stir thoroughly and rinse your mouth regularly with a paste after brushing your teeth.
- Method 3. Combine lemon oil with some of the other essential oils. For example: it combines well with lemon and enhances the positive effect of tea tree oil. Also for rinsing you can use a mixture of oil and alcohol, but this combination is not safe, so first you mix a small amount of alcohol with a few drops of lemon oil, and then dissolve it all in a glass with water.
Lemon oil is contraindicated for people with intolerance to this component. Proceed directly to the procedure of teeth lightening is necessary only after the test for an allergic reaction. To do this, apply a few drops of oil on the skin of the hands. If a burning sensation does not occur, then you can proceed to bleaching in stages.