One of the hardest minerals, diamond, has found application in various spheres of human activity. And the beauty industry was no exception. Cosmetologists offer girls who want to have perfect skin to undergo such a procedure as a diamond peeling. It refers to the mechanical cleansing of the face and is a type of hardware microdermabrasion. You will learn more about what diamond peeling of the skin of the face is, its benefits and safety from the article.
Diamond Peeling Features
Diamond face peeling is performed using a special apparatus, the nozzles of which are coated with a diamond coating. The whole essence of the procedure lies in the concept "microdermabrasion": derma- is skin, abrasive- is polishing and micro- is the size of particles that act as abrasive. In this procedure, diamond dust is used as an abrasive.
Due to the fact that diamond does not lose its properties even in such a microscopic size, diamond peeling of the skin of the face is considered an effective but gentle type of mechanical cleaning. The apparatus for diamond peeling has several nozzles of different sizes and shapes, thanks to which the beautician can select the intensity and type of impact in each particular case. During the procedure, microtrauma occurs to the dermis, which triggers the production of collagen, hyaluronic acid and elastin.
Diamond peeling safety
It is no secret to anyone that if you get diamond dust in the airways, you may have health problems. Of course, this moment was taken into account when creating this unit - it has a powerful exhaust system and working on the principle of a mini-vacuum cleaner, it draws in all the dust generated during skin processing. In addition, the vacuum created by this is the prevention of swelling of the face after cleaning.
Considering the fact that diamond polishing of the face is a salon procedure, one can speak of its sterility and compliance with the requirements of hygiene. It is also worth noting that during the procedure there is minimal trauma to the skin, achieved thanks to the smallest size of diamonds. Therefore, this type of microdermabrasion is considered painless and is carried out without the use of anesthetics.
What problems can diamond peeling solve?
Diamond grinding allows you to cope with many skin imperfections, not only on the face, but also in the decollete area, on the back, arms and legs. But most often "work surface" it becomes just the same face. The indications for this type of microdermabrasion can be:
- Enlarged pores.
- Uneven skin tone, the presence of pigment spots, freckles.
- Traces left "in memory" about acne (postacne).
- Wrinkles, loss of tone and flabbiness.
- Scars, stretch marks and scars.
- The presence of ingrown hairs on the face.
- Uneven skin texture.
The effect will be noticeable after the first session and this is confirmed by numerous reviews, however, to achieve a long-term and tangible result, cosmetologists recommend taking a course lasting 10-15 procedures once a week.
Advantages and disadvantages of diamond grinding
Summarizing, we can identify the main advantages and disadvantages of this type of mechanical cleaning. The advantages include the following:
- Diamond grinding - comfortable manipulation. In the process of its implementation, you will not feel anything unpleasant. Moreover, the diamond peeling machine works almost silently, so you can relax and have a rest while a professional is working on your face.
- Simultaneously with the cleaning of dirt and dead skin cells, a vacuum massage takes place, contributing to the improvement of blood circulation in the cells and an increase in skin tone.
- The procedure is completely hardware, because it eliminates the risk of allergic reactions.
- The recovery period is reduced to hours; only slight redness is possible, and many of them come out of the office with a radiant glow. "updated" the face.
However, the disadvantages of the method is not devoid. By cons include high cost. The price for this type of microdermabrasion varies from 2 to 5 thousand rubles per session, while their optimum number is 10. Given the cost and effectiveness, diamond grinding cannot be called a leader in its segment, but there are still quite a few who want to use the service.
In addition, not everyone will be able to use the service, as it has a whole list of contraindications, including skin diseases of various etiologies, pregnancy, cancer, diabetes mellitus, and acute inflammatory diseases.
Salon diamond grinding
Diamond face grinding takes about 40 minutes of your time. No pre-peeling training is required. The whole process is divided into 3 stages:
- Preparation for cleaning: first of all, they will remove the cosmetics from the face and steam it in order to facilitate the process of exfoliating the cornified layers of the dermis.
- Grinding: about a specialist received will handle your face selected, focusing on your individual characteristics and the presence of problems, the nozzle.
- Moisturizing the skin: a mask is applied to the face.
After that, you can evaluate the result before and after and go home. Note that after exposure to the device, the face may turn red, and the most pronounced effect will be noticeable the next day. To notice the effect, you can take a photo before and after the manipulation. You can repeat the session in a week.
Post peeling care
Due to the low degree of injury to the skin, care will be reduced to simple measures:
- Try not to touch your face again.
- Provide skin with sufficient moisture, you can use nourishing creams, thermal water, light moisturizing mousses.
- Give up for a couple of days from the foundation and powder.
- Use sunscreen when going outside.
- Limit your stay in the sun and during the week do not visit the baths, saunas, solarium.
- Try not to engage in active physical exertion during the week, as sweat can provoke irritation of the tender dermis.
- It is recommended not to use alcohol-based tonics and lotions that can dry the face.
Diamond Peeling at Home
The original device on which the procedure is carried out is intended solely for salon use. But to improve the condition of one’s own face at home with diamonds is also possible. You can buy one of the devices intended for independent peeling. One of such products, about which girls speak well, was the Gezatone apparatus for diamond dermabrasion. It has 6 different nozzles, allowing for grinding and massage. The device is compact and easy to operate, just read the instructions or watch the introductory video. You can buy it for about 9 thousand rubles. Of course, the effectiveness of the salon procedure will be higher, but the home alternative can also be a loyal assistant in the struggle for the beauty of the face.
If you used this service, leave your opinion at the end of the article, we will be interested to learn about your impressions after it. Your experience may be useful to our other readers.